1.12.11

Bumblebee Tuna

Holy December 1st. Really glad I waited until this day to listen to Christmas music. Psych. I've had it on since November, now you people who "waited" are just behind.


I need to get competitive shopping!


Never leave a man behind.




Time to get your Christmas sweaters out folks (or vests if you prefer a lighter fare).


Winning.


Or perhaps something with a little trim?


Is this even ALLOWED?! Grody. Someone get her a sweater for her other boob!


Another autumn apples bowl for b-fast...I was going to eat something different for breakfast, but then I just didn't. Do you guys ever get in a food rut?








So, one of my best friends Donald sent me this and I was dying... I had to share


This was the text that came with it:
1.) You're too fat to be wearing that.
2.) You're too fat to have that skinny boy trying to hold you.
3.) Your balls are showing out of your panties.


Reminds me of Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls...


Excuse me...your balls are showing....bumblebee tuna!!!
Who knew there actually WAS a BumbleBee Tuna?! Not me.


One more thing actually posted by Donald too
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/11/29/tearjerker-alert-former-lab-beagles-see-the-sun-for-the-first-time/


This video made me choke up multiple times.. it's a must watch!




My friend Nicole posted this to Facebook earlier today and I was so impressed with this guy (he's only 19!!!! He may not even have armpit hair yet!!!!). This video made me want to jump up and down with giddy joy.





I love him for doing this. I especially love the way he says Iowans. Regardless of your views, this is an example of how each family defines itself without government involvement. Why can't we all just let each other have a life with someone they love?! And also eat cakes full of rainbow and smiles, and eat it and be happy?!!? Why can't we just all get along?!




And I digress...Today's lunch was exactly the same as yesterdays...again...food rut.


Split pea and ham soup with pecan nut thins crushed on top!




BUT, I did try a new recipe for cranberry sauce!


Warning: This recipe will make your house smell like heavenly maple-y, berry-y deliciousness.


Orange Can Can Cranberry Sauce
Ingredients:


  • 2 cups fresh cranberries
  • 1/2 cup orange juice (I used the 50 calorie kind)
  • 1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
  • 1/3 cup agave nectar amber
  • Little bit of orange zest (optional... I don't have a zester, so I just chopped some orange skin and threw it in...not sure about this method haha)
Directions:
  1. Put all ingredients into a medium saucepan, bring to a boil.

  1. Once it starts to boil, lower the heat to a simmer. 
  2. Cook for about 10 minutes.
  3. Smash cranberries with a spoon as they start to cook (I found it easier to stir throughout and then once they're cooked, tilt the pan and mash that way so your hand doesn't get a facial). Sauce will get thicker when they're cooked/smashed.


Enjoy on top of yogurt, turkey, ham, or shwhatever you want!!!

This really paid off after licking about 100 envelopes sending out Christmas cards today. It was dessert afterwards!

The pile was huge!!!!!! Can't wait to show you what's inside!
And this is what I looked like mailing them and taking out the trash (which took all of 3 minutes, but of course I passed EVERY neighbor in the apartment building...don't you hate that?!)


Nothin' sexier than socks with flats and stretchy pants.



You know that feeling in your mouth where it feels like someone stuck a vacuum in your mouth to suck out all the moisture, then made you eat a battery? That's what it tasted like.

Mmmmm...envelopes

Class and running errands consumed my afternoon....

I couldn't muster up the gumption to work out until 5, I don't know, the cooler weather has me wanting to stay inside all cozy all day.

I went to the night strength and conditioning class, walked home, 

Took this pic on my walk home and it was too beautiful not to show you!
showered, and once my appetite came back (always goes away when I work out for a bit)... 

I made Veggie-rific La-la-lasanga! Adapted from Kath Eats Real Food
Ingredients:
  • 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
  • 16 oz. 2% cottage cheese
  • 8 oz. low fat mozzarella
  • 1/2 cut grated parmesan
  • 4 cups mixed vegetables (you can use anything here, I used spinach, carrots, zucchini, and sun dried tomatoes)
  • 3 cups marinara pasta sauce
Directions:
  1. Mix parmesan cheese with cottage cheese
  2. Use a 9x13 pan, sprayed. Start by layering 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 sauce, 1/3 cheese mixture, 1/3 veggies, then 1/3 mozzarella.
  1. Repeat twice more.
  2. Cover top with foil tightly.

  1. Bake at 400 for 1 hour.
It was sooo good! The one thing I will caution about is that whole wheat lasagna noodles are much chewier than regular... if you are a texture freak you might want to stick with regular.



We also had a spinach salad topped with apples, celery, mixed nuts, mozzarella cheese, and cranberries. 



Justin had to work late tonight, so dinner for one?! Yes please!


    Water in a plastic wine glass.....keepin' is klassy with a k.

Today's eating was a lot for a lactose intolerant girl, so I'm comatose and bloated on the couch now... watching The Santa Clause... 



I swear I have watched this movie 124 times and it's still good, even Justin's watching it with me, in between accusing me of stealing his socks...

Seeing as this is the first day of December, I thought I'd celebrate the end of Thankful month! It was a REALLY good experiment for me. It truly gave me something to focus on that was great in my life at the moment, whether it be cookies, family, or just being alive that day! It was like an online gratitude journal, and I'm SO happy I did it.

Good night all!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.