8.12.11

Ole' Milwaukee

It is a brisk 42 degrees this morning (oh yeah, now I remembered why I moved away from Indiana!)!! Started my morning with a big warm glass of water, creamer, and sugar…mmmm...


Yep that's right, this turd






started the coffee pot without the actual coffee in it.


Ewwww!! Looks like someone got a hold of my coffee cup and….well….nevermind….
FAIL.


Once, I got my shizz together, I had an autumn apples bowl with crumbled cookies, chia seeds, and SunButter on top!






So, I saw this story on the news this morning and am horrified for this poor man.…http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/45596477#45596477







Boy this party really died…. (sorry had to lighten the mood a bit)...


Having had very trusting and cool parents, I had a lot of freedom in high school and beyond.


In return, I never took advantage of that. I would be devastated if one of my parents were facing a YEAR in prison for my friends bringing alcohol into the house without their knowing.


I mean, c'mon folks, the man bought "chips and soda" for the kids and was making brownies for them when the cop knocked at the door.


He was just about to get out the race car party favors and balloons when he got a knock on the door...
Seriously? Pretty sure he's innocent.


I would love to hear your thoughts on this!


I started practicing my presentation this morning and then took a study break to go back and hang with Jor-hay. He tops himself every time I swear.


I mean, the guy wore a shirt that said "No Photos Please" along with white capris, yellow socks, and a yellow Ed Hardy hat.


Yesterday he wore an Angry Birds shirt that said #Winning. Plus he has the entire Cleopatra (with Elizabeth Taylor) soundtrack on his iPod. I love this man.


Nuff said.


Lunch was leftover acorn squash with the navy bean/cranberry/couscous filling!


Yummers, fuel for my big presentation and pre-departure meeting with my professors!






I also had a "you had to be there" moment I forgot to tell you about yesterday. So, I was walking to class, minding my own busnast, carrying a fresca, cell phone, umbrella, purse, keys, and book bag (yes, I still carry a book bag).


Along comes an acute wind, like I'm talking a light breeze, and my "umrella" totally folds, turns inside out and causes my to drop my phone, almost drop my pop, and look like a total freshman on campus.


It was not very acute (har har, I've been waiting to write that joke since yesterday!) No???……. Tough crowd. Guess geometry jokes aren't cool anymore… (or never were…)


I did not look this cool while it was happening….


Butt, I didn't look this tragic either… :) har har...
Awesome.


Note to self: Don't buy a pretty parasol for 4 bucks at H+M because it has polka dots and ruffles….get a real one.


Thar she is folks… purdy ain't she? Not very sturdy though...


So two more quick things before I finish my day… two things I'm obsessed with… Miss America and Will Ferrel. Very different. Equally as important in my life :)


 Versus…. 


Sooo soo very similar… yet… something sooo…different…hmmm..can't put my finger on it...


Both have big smiles…..lots of curly hair….and look good in satin!! 


Seeeee!!!




First of all the Miss America judges were announced yesterday. 


Why is this important?…Well they are the ones choosing if one of my friends becomes Miss America!!!


I'm unbelievably excited about this year's competition since 7 of my Sweetheart sisters are competing (sweetheart is a pageant that all Miss America state first-runner ups compete at)!!! 


So, that's 9 people to cheer my buns off for including Miss Indiana and Miss Florida (two women I'm also proud to call friends).


More on these women when the date nears (Jan. 14 on ABC)...


Here are the judges:




I'll give you the short version:
Teri Polo- Gaylord Focker's wife
Mark Ballas- Dancing with the Stars (the SECOND best dancing TV show)
Raul de Molina (don't you just wish he had a giant mole so you could do the whole mole bit on Austin Powers???)- News host
Mark Fleiss- Exec. producer of The Bachelor franchise
Kris Jenner- Kim's mom
Lara Spencer- Good Morning America!
Chris Powell- hottie… and ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition


What do you think?? I think it's kind of bad timing with Kris Jenner…but overall, well rounded crew!!!


Ok, so class, presentation, meetings, blah… then speaking of Miss America, I got to have dinner tonight with a girlfriend I met at Miss Florida!



She's presh.

She's on the far right! She has the best hair ever. 

I met Darla tonight at 717 South, a restaurant I've been wanting to try for a while, for din din!!


It's was reallll shnazzy inside!!!
We started out with a bottle of scotch between the two of us.


Kiddingggggg…. we kept it classy and enjoyed a glass of vino!


I ordered the warm spinach salad with pine nuts, pancetta, goat cheese, mango balsalmic vinaigrette, and parmigiano reggiano (whatever that is…)….


It was definitely interesting…pretty good!


After catching up with her, I headed home (finally, it was such a longggg day!!!) I spent the evening on the couch finally relaxing with my favorite blankie but without my favorite guy (Justin's having guy night)! 


Oh wait, my favorite guy was there!!!! 


Will Ferrell… as Elf (this is the second time I've watched this in a week).


And this brings me to the second gem I found for you guys today...


Enjoy…

















And dis'a hah-won raght cheer be from Terry Hote Indianer (this one right here is form Terre Haute Indiana)




G'night folks!!!

2 comments:

  1. When we're old, living in California, and teaching at Stanford, let's host SEVERAL underage drinking parties. Just to stick it to 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! And let's bake them rum balls!!! errr…brownies…..

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.