23.12.11

The gift that keeps on givin...

I got sicky today. My throat hurts like a bia, hurts like when I got bronchitis (that's what senior spring break does to you), so cross your fingers for me!

I google imaged bronchitis and was so interested to see just how much your throat closes up!

This is your throat normally. This is your throat on drugs.

Remind me not to smoke so many packs a day.

Kiddingggg!!!

But, I had big plans for the day…wrapping and driving and dining, oh my! So, I had to suck it up.


Started my day with a bowl of pears, cherry yogurt, and pecan special K!



I spent some major time wrapping whilst enjoying some Christmas Lifetime classics (obviously my mom had about 12 I could choose from already on the DVR)…


Our tree's a gettin' full!





I watched Deck the Halls…but the lifetime version. So obviously, it was an Academy Award winning cinema creation.

It's the one on the right…too bad it wasn't the double feature, that would have been a true jackpot.


After getting most of my wrapping done, I took inventory and actually ordered one more gift for mi madre. Nothin' like waitin' till the last minute! Sooo stressful!!!

I relaxed with a warm bowl of soup…felt so good on my poor throat.

Alll I want for Christmas is soouuupppp!!! Sooouuuuppp baaaabbaaayyy!!!!


Quick shower, then it was off to the wine exchange in Indy with the girls from college!!!!

Passed my old stompin' grounds on the way to Laura's house. This is where I grew up! I used to wait every morning for the bus by that awesome teepee. Whoever thought that was a classy choice was….well…different.

Why exchange cookies when you can exchange alcohol?? In the words of Rachel Brown, it's the gift that keeps on givin'. :)

I brought one of my favs… Oliver Winery Camelot Mead (local to Bloomington where we went to college)…
It's very honeyish. I also love Oliver Muscat Canelli (tastes like an island)
Laura and I had road trip number 2 in two days together. And I love every minute of it… she even drove home so I could be all sick and drugged out.

I brought a salad with apples, craisins, mixed nuts, feta, celery, olive oil, salt, and honey.


This was the rest of the feast!

Rachel was so excited that her green beans would make it to my blog. Here ya go Rach! :) They were DELICIOUS!  I can't wait to make them!

BreAnn made the most delicious mashed taters, garlic style.

Laura made Hawaiian chicky! Sooo tasty!


 It was an absolute blast to pretend we were all in college again living in the same house and livin' the dream. Now we're all growed up and big and stuff. Boo.

They're the best. We can spit food on each other, get on the floor and show different…er positions, and spill flour on the floor and it's still considered a good night :)

Nothing like your college friends.

I didn't get back until 1:25 last night….so it's time for a nappy before friends feast with high school friends tonight!!!




2 comments:

  1. Love the blog. Best wishes for you and your Family this Chrismas Season.

    Joe, Sharon and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Blog.
    Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and your Family.
    Joe , Sharon and Family

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.