7.12.11

Plum Poifect.


Happy Wednesday wednesday wednesday (echo echo echo like Al Roker) from Borat (he loves Wednesdays)!!!

Why yes, that face DOES look familiar! ;)


This sling shot speedo got me in the mood for a green and paradise-y start to the morning! Brand new recipe that turned out great!

Lean Green Pina Colada Smoothie
Ingredients:

  • 1 handful spinach
  • 1/2 cup frozen peaches
  • 1/2 cup fresh chopped pineapple
  • 1/2 T. unsweetened coconut (or sweetened and omit splenda)
  • 2 tsp. Splenda
  • 1/3 C. almond milk (or any milk)
Directions:
  1. Add all ingredients to blenda'
  2. Puree mixture
  3. Eat out of a bowl (it's more fun :)
  4. Top with granola, coconut, and cocoa almonds for a punch full'a crunch!


It ain't pretty, but it issss delicious! <-- (TWSS)

See that hair?? Appetizing huh?? I did not eat it, I promise, I saw before I gobbled this down!


Had to get past this locked door before I could get out in the sunshine! Justin locks me in every morning like he thinks someone is going to steal me away before I wake up at 7:30 :) Am I the only one who thinks this is cute??



Let's be honest, he's really protecting our flatscreen. CRIPES.

Oh to be young and in love….

Wait a tick! How did that get in there?! You're welcome Kara.


Then it was off to get jacked at the gym with Jorge! He's a super energetic trainer who take a few lines of coke before every class, I swear. I can't keep up with him, he does everything soooo fast!!!

This is how I feel about it:

Deranged Easter bunny. Donald, you were the only person I know that totally fit this role.
After some house work, e-mails, etc. I took a break for leftover luncherooza:




This makes me so happy walking into my kitchen everyday…

Can you tell what it is?!

Chalkboard of cheer! Don't laugh, this is seriously as good as my cursive gets…11-year-old boy writing, I know.

If you're wondering about the interview today, I'm not really sure what to tell you. Most recruiters are either friendly to everyone or stone cold Steve Austin to everyone, and I couldn't read this one.

I did my best answering the questions, but have no idea how I did or what kind of chance I have!

I may have to bust a cap if I don't get a call back, but as Chuck Norris so nobly states…."Violence is my last option."

Chuck Hagan (it's my dad! but look at that scowl!!!)


The interview lasted an hour and 20 minutes too! Phew! I needed a pick me up after I pooped out all my nerves and adrenaline (kidding…kind of)…

PB Nanner

I headed to my last capstone class of the semester today, then made this dinner for myself!

Honey I Shrunk the Shrimp (Adapted from Hungry Girl)
Ingredients:

  • 16 oz. large raw shrimp de-veined, tails removed, peeled  (one frozen bag full dethawed)
  • 5 T. whole wheat flour
  • 2 dashes salt and pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 4 T. Miracle Whip
  • 2 T. agave nectar light
  • 2 drops lemon juice
  • 2 dashes chili powder
  • 1 T. chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375, spray baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside
  2. In a large Ziploc bag, combine flour, 1 dash of salt and pepper. Zip and shake to mix. Set aside
  3. Beat egg and place in a bowl
  4. Dry shrimp (blot with paper towel), place in a bowl with egg, and gently toss to coat.
  5. Gently shake shrimp a few at a time, transfer to ziploc bag, coat evenly with flour and place on baking sheet
  6. Lightly mist shrimp with nonstick spray and cook for 5 minutes. Flip all, lightly spray, and bake for 5 minutes on the other side.
  7. While shrimp is cooking, combine Miracle Whip, Agave Nectar Light, Chili Powder, 1 dash of salt and pepper, and lemon juice in a small microwaveable bowl.
  8. Right before serving, microwave mixture on high for 25 seconds (or until hot), stir, and add shrimp to bowl, tossing to coat them in the mixture.
  9. Serve over sugar snap peas and top with nuts (preferably walnuts)! 
I had to wipe off some of the mayonnaise mixture, but it was really good!




Seems like people always get a bit rude around Christmas shopping time. If you are a Christmas scrooge because of the long lines, bad traffic, stresss!!! you know, the like…Clark and I have some videos to share with you to make you happy and believe in humanity again in such a busy time! :)

Aaron Griswald. How perfect is that??

I wanna be a zoologist now! This little girl is seriously inspiring.



Uhhhh, I LOVE this. Soooo sweet.




The rest of the night, I plan on working on my presentation for tomorrow ( it never stops folks, never stops), watching Modern Family, and enjoying some snacks including this bowl of apples and plums!!!




 Mmmmmm… it's just plum perfect, just like my sweet blazer/pencil skirt combo below.

And I'm Veronica Corningstone, thanks for stopping by San Diego.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.