9.12.11

Cheese Ball and a 12-pack

Holy productive day!

I usually start this in the morning and blog a little bit throughout the day. It is 7:20 and I'm just now getting a moment to upload pictures and write! Phew!

Got a wake up call first this this morning…literally, my mom and dad called me first thing and wanted to talk/plan Christmas plane tickets home! Sat right up, got on my computer and dug into finding the best rates.



I swear my family is the best at finding god plane ticket rates. Here are my tricks:
1.) Shop on Tuesdays or sometimes during the middle of the week, this is when the deals are the best
2.) Be flexible with times/days/airports if at all possible (I usually exhaust all options of looking before I decide which one to book)
3.) Book right around 30 days in advance…not too much before, not too much after… this is when prices are at their most competitive
4.) Utilize price comparing sites like Priceline.com, Travelocity.com, and Cheapoair.com (their prices change like crazy though, so if you see a deal, snag it!)
5.) Use your rewards! With AirTran, I get a free flight for every 8 flights…pretty sweet huh? That's only four trips home!



It was a while before I got around to eating anything, so I just kept it like with a fruit bowl..

And a little sass…see that high heel on the table :) Mark of a powerful woman right thur. 

Pineapple, nanners, and plums!

Tried to get some stuff around the house done in between a landfill of e-mails shooting my way (gosh, it sucks having soooo many friends…. :) just kidding!!!!

Then made my second round of split pea and ham soup! Only this time I replaced celery with parsnip and replaced half a cup of split peas with half a cup navy beans and couscous (couscous works in EVERYTHING!!!)

First time using parsnip as an ingredient- success.




Lunch was followed by workout with ole' Captain Dipshizz again! I was going to go to the class after too, but he worked me so hard, I just did some running afterwards and left. When you're done you're done.

So, I got this thing in the mail the other day and I won a prize on a scratch off that was on it! But of course you had to go to a hokey car show to claim your prize. The prizes were listed as 100, 25,000, a car, or gold coins.

Neither Justin nor I could find any catch to it!!

I should have known better.

I got to the ghetto car show today only to be hassled by a gigantic man (who was also from Indiana). He actually tried to get me to sell my dad's Lexus for $12,000. Ummm…. ya, let me just hand it over.

Anyway, long story short I had to play another game when I got there!!! Obviously I lost since my luck could only last so long and was handed three measley gold coins (worth a dollar each! boooo) 



That was about the cost of gas it took to get all the way there.

BUMMER.

Hit the gorshey store to prepare for tomorrow's festivities!!! We're having a cocktail party of sorts before Justin's company Christmas party since we live right by the restaurant.

Justin was dead set that all we needed was "a cheese ball and a twelve pack." Yes Justin, this is the recipe for successfully hosting a classy get together. Nevertheless, I got the cheese ball. Your welcome :)

Solid combo.


Pears for snack time!

Look, they're kissing :)




This was followed by some much put off self hygeine, and a crap load o' studying… since my Tuesday exam is now sharing the day with my second interview for the secret company! :) :) :)

Yes, it is a chinese takeout sort of night. 



And as I type, Justin is awaiting my arrival on the couch with him. He has HGTV on. Perfect man? I think so. :)

TGIF.

B



1 comment:

  1. I went to a wine tasting last night, but the craving for cheese was too intense, so my friend and I went to the store and bought A BLUE CHEESE CHEESE BALL. It was DIVINE. Don't hate on the C-Ball.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.