28.12.11

Unpasteurized Cheese

Fifth and final Christmas started my morning after Christmas hangover. Not a real hangover, but you know how relieving it feels the day after Christmas to know that you made it!



After a final bowl of Christmas cheer 

Pomegranate, yogurt, and cheerios! Cheerio!


I did Christmas with my beloved (said in the creepy voice from the movie Beloved with Oprah, c’mon you know you remember it!).



This year he decided to treat me not only to a shopping spree at Nordstrom’s, but also put his personal touch on it and give me romantic gifts to cash in on throughout the year.


How did he know I love awkward family photos?!




See that. Yep, that’s a fill in the blank. I’m gonna use that one verrrrrrryyyyy wisely. Justin got nervous when I said that. Guess he didn’t think about the puppy getting or ring shopping that could occupy that spot :)

Kidding babe, you can breathe out now. Don't worry, I already started both :) "Kidding"...

I got him a few shirts, and a Groupon book of three dates for us: a comedy show with two appetizers, a dinner cruise (which his grandma also got, which I am equally excited about!), and wait for it….. four group dance classes!!!! 



Yeah…. You’re right. That one was kind of for me… but still, who doesn’t love to dance? Certainly not this girl.


After thinking up all the possible torture I was now able to force Justin to endure over the next few months with my fill-in-the-blank option, I decided it was time to get my life back together.
But then, my family talked me into going to my favorite restaurant at the lake.

One word people. Unpasteurized cheese. This is the kind of authentic Mexican goodness one receives when one travels to such exquisite dining establishments such as Acapulco.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find my phone and camera because I plugged them into my computer to transfer pictures someone stole my phone and camera for a day, then put it back, so I have no pictures of today.

My sisser and I split the chicken fuh-jeye-duhs.



She was amazed that I only had a bowl of soup and two fajitas. Apparently my Acapulco tape worm is gone for the moment. Normally, I not only finished my enormous meal, but start in on the other’s leftovers too. Some would say I’m what you call a big eater when I comes to anything salsa-y or cheesey or bean-y or all three combined (might want to stay at a minimum four foot radius of my rear end if this occurs).


This is what happens when you eat unpasteurized cheese.


Three of my 500 aunts came up today to visit and present my parents with an awesome gift my Aunt Stevie (my cool, hippie, California aunt) made. It was an incredible book she put together of pictures of autumn at our lake house. There were some gorgeous pictures of the vibrant fall colors, the quietness of the lake in the fall when all the families go back to school, and the piercing orange and fuchsia sunsets. I think we have the best sunset view in the world. I’m partial, but still. Having a beautiful view of the sunset has always been of utmost importance to our family.



Then, the three sets of sisters (me and Kara, my mom and Kathy, Stevie and Theresa my dad’s sisters) headed off for an afternoon at the movies.

Sisters do as sisters should…..we're all together sisters!!!!


No day is wasted if it’s spent with Matt Damon. Or a bowl of popcorn and peanut M & M’s for that matter. You certainly can’t lose if you spend your afternoon with both desirable parties. And that we did.




We saw We Bought a Zoo, and let me tell you what. It did NOT disappoint. It is well worth the seven dollars people to see it in the thee-ay-ter. Don’t be cheap people.




It was adorable, uplifting, inspiring, and meaningful. One of those that makes you stop and think, “Wait. Why didn’t I buy a zoo? That would solve all of my problems too!” Ok, so not really….but the thought did briefly cross my mind.

We headed back to the lake and swung by Meijer on the way home to pick up some goods for me and Kara’s bizarre cravings. Maybe we’re both preggers?? Haha! Sorry mom…not true.

Brussel sprouts, veggies and ranch, apples, pizza, and Ben and Jerry's.


burnt them a little, not used to a gas stove!! Cooks so darn fast!



Justin and my friend from college Marty came to visit the lake later that night!

We all love Marty. Marty likes to party. But really, he's been close with our family for 7 years! He was even a bartender for Kara's rehearsal dinner. 

I got to spend about 2.5 minutes with him before Justin whisked him away to the basement to play video games with the boys.

That's ok though, because it gave my sister and I ample lab hunting time :)

ohhhh hello!!!! Can't you just see our little lab puppy doing his little unbalanced puppy gallop on the beach :) I can….

Good night everyone!!!! I'm going to sleep tonight counting puppies instead of sheep!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.