30.11.11

Steve-o the Stingray


I woke up this morning wishing I was a Victoria's Secret Angel. Then, I looked down and realized I'm 5'4" (on a good day)... awww man!


Yeah because I always wear mittens with my sexy lingerie too.... it only makes sense....How can she make mittens look sexy? What a hooker.


So, I continued with my normal life with an autumn apples bowl (they're back with a vengeance)!



Oh how I missed my mornings all to myself... just me, a cup o' joe, Natalie and Matt (miss you Meredith), and my compooper.

This is all of us on Meredith's last day...so sad.... ok, fine it's not me, it's Anne Curry, but we look a lot alike you know


Ahhh....(plus I'm hiding in bed from the giant black roach I saw in the kitchen this morning that ran under the water heater before I could get to it, what is the DEAL?!?!...I am beyond over this...)

Today is the day, the day of my FINAL capstone presentation. It's kind of a big deal...I always feel nervous all day the day of a big presentation (the coffee doesn't help).



I practiced it about 18 and a half times, so I should be good, I just always think I'm going to get up there and black out! It never happens, but still...

It always helps me to calm down if I cook something or busy myself somehow....split pea and ham soup helped a lot this afternoon :)

Green Pea and Ham Soup Adapted from Kath Eats Real Food
Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. brown sugar or honey ham chopped (was a lot of ham, could go much lighter on it and be fine...)
  • 1.5 cups dried split peas
  • 8 cups water
  • 3 teaspoons rosemary
  • 2 carrot stalks
  • 2 celery stalks
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic

Directions:



  1. Slice celery and carrots and sauté with olive oil until tender. Once soft, add garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
  2. Add all ingredients (including the veggies) to large pot and to a boil then simmer for about 45 minutes.

  1. Once almost all of the water is soaked up or evaporated, used a masher or beater to thicken mixture and mash the peas.

Enjoyed this guy with some'a these guys!

They're really good, almost have a sweet flavor!


The Verizon guy came today, fixed both cable boxes, made our bedroom HD, and made our internet 5 times faster, literally! His name's Jason. He's my new best friend. He literally hung out for like half an hour teaching me all kind of cool tricks.

Did he look like this you say??? No... why?

I had a bit of time to go for a run before heading to school. You guys are NOT going to believe what I'm about to tell you (I don't even believe it...) but I saw exactly 22 stingrays on my run today.

I have pictures to prove it too!

This is going to sound so gay, but aren't sting rays so majestic? There's something so enchanting about the way they move...



It's hard to tell, but this is a baby one I named Stevo!! It was the very last one I saw too... I think it was a message from God...what is he telling me?!
I was as happy as a little girllll!!!!

Sprockets :)

Then, I ran past the convention center, and realized why they were all here... guess what's going there right now?!!

The Annual Marine Biology convention!!! No wonder all the stingrays were here!!!!! :) Makes total sense.

Cougar Invitational Wrestling Match next weekend.... duly noted as well. Can't wait to see what kind of women come in town for that shindig.



The presentation went well after the professor ripped us a new one! But really, it went as well as it possibly could have considering our professor owns restaurants and we're consulting with one. This is the company we consulted for in Tampa...

Lil' family owned Italian restaurant

Came home to a makeshift leftover dinner of more brussel sprouts (damn you Justin..), sweet potatoes, and sauteed spinach topped with grated parmesan (I obviously grated it myself... ha!)

Could be parmesan cheese, could be dandruff, you'll never know... all I know it, it was tasty...


So, my friend Laura posted this on my wall and I had to share! It's unbelievable to me how much balls (how much balls?? is this grammatically correct?) this guy has...




And speaking of steaming piles of doo.... this was my dessert!

Two girls, one cup!!! Hahaha, all I did was poop on bananas and it was delicious! Just kiddinggggg... it's chocolate ice cream and SunButter, but tell me that does not look like poop!


I got my final assignment this week done tonight too! Yay!

Today I am sooooo thankful to have gotten my cap stone presentation out of the way, it was really weighing on me, I was up until 12:30 last night turning in last minute stuff for it! 


1 comment:

  1. For Halloween ziss yeeuh, I vuz DETER, from SPROCKETS.

    Vood you like to tauch my maunkey? TOUCH HIM!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.