11.12.11

Bleeding Crimson and Creaming my Jeans


Woke up feeling my eye balls in the back of my head and sprinkles in my hair.

Add caption
 That's what happens when I drink too much wine. Kidding…. these sprinkles actually got in my hair when I was making the pretzels last night…. Justin got a major kick out of it.



A few sneak previews from last night. Pretty sure Allie has the more entertaining ones.

Jamie posing as the Christmas tree in the middle! :) kidding jamie, I love it!

Travis- Britt, Britt, take a picture of me and Jay. Put it on your blog dude. (he calls my blog Burt's Bees :)
Me- Ok trav, "Got it"….
Also, pretty sure Jay went to Wet Willie's just to get a sweet frozen treat and brought it back to the party. Love this guy for that.

Jaimers!!
A rough hangover usually takes me both breakfast, lunch, a lifetime movie, and a shower to get over at least… So here's the first two steps…

Pears, nanners, cinnamon, oatmeal, and cocoa dusted almonds...
Spetti squash with leftover mushroom filling (spinach, feta, mushroom stems)

Baked scrimp in Wok N Roll sauce..

Dude, did ANYONE else see that game last night?!? Ok, lezbehonest…. EVERYONE saw that game last night. I mean I saw it, and I don't watch sports.

In the words of Justin, "Tom Crean whipped his dick out on the table last night and said Hoosiers are back bitches." Couldn't have said it more eloquently myself babe. :)

Not so wild anymore are ya, Wildcats?

Indiana basketball. Boom

Typical.
I'm just wondering why the four years we were at Indiana were the WORST four years in both football and basketball??? Not cool.



I mean insane. Did you see Crean's face, he had no idea how that just happened. Hilarious.



IU Upsets KY - Celebration at Nick's English Hut from Tarun Gangwani on Vimeo.

This is where I went to college. THE best EVER!!!

Makes me wish I was in Bloomington showing Kirkwood who's boss right now…

But I AM rockin' my dad's 80's Indiana sweatshirt today in honor of my alma mater :)


For obvious reasons, there was very little activity today. I spent most of the day staring through my books to the Lifetime Christmas movies studying like a good girl.

You guys, let's be serious, at T-5 days until I graduate, I have ZERO motivation anymore!!!! Yet, I still have a client presentation, a final, and two interviews until Wednesday when I am officially freeeeee!!



The lack of motivation plus the massive hangover left me in the mood for some comfort! Food that is.

Chicken Use-Your-Noodle Soup
Ingredients:

  • 2 chicken breasts (raw)
  • 2 cups whole wheat noodles of any kind
  • 8 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups water (optional)
  • 2 carrots chopped
  • 2 parsnips chopped
  • 1/3 large white onion chopped
  • 1 can (or 1 cup) peas
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1.5 tsp. garlic powder
  • S+P to taste
  • 1 cup love
Directions:
  1. Bring chicken broth and spices to a boil in a large pot.
  2. Add chicken, let cook for 15-25 minutes (depending on the size of your breasts….not those breasts…) or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
  3. Add water to cover the chicken if chicken broth evaporates too much.
  4. After chicken is cooked, remove from broth and let cool on counter. Once it is cool, go ahead and shred it using two forks.
  5. Add vegetables and noodles to broth (keep on medium high). Cook until vegetables and noodles are tender (about 10-12 minutes)
  6. Add shredded chicken back in.
  7. Serve topped with love or copious amounts of pepper.



I'm off to get motivated somehow!! MUST KEEP STUDYING!!!!

Happy comfort food and football Lifetime day :)

B Hags



1 comment:

  1. INDIAN-ER!!! OH INDIAN-ER, INDIAN-ER WE'RE ALLLLL FOR YOUUUUU!!!!! I was so surprised when you told me you were watching the game! Who are you these days?? First cooking, now watching IU basketball?? I never thought I'd see the day, B. But honestly, this "wildcat" was MORE than happy to shove the previously unranked IU's win in all the faces in that scary blue and white living room.

    Long story short.... You can take the girls out of btown/IU, but you can't take the btown/IU out of the girls

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.