4.12.11

Pete!! Is that you?!?!


Last night was a B-L-A-S-T. So, as always, a couple of beers turned into a night of debauchery with the boys. I say that because I was literally the only girl there with our group. We went to MacDinton's (our favorite Irish pub) for their happy hour and ended up staying all night :)

MacD's.....always packed on Fridays

So, there was a Christmas party there with some of the most oddly dressed people ever... ok, I get the Santy hat,  I get the red and green kilt, I even kind of get the socks...but the tail?? That I don't get.

A night of shenanigans called for a slightly heartier breakfast than normal. And apple omelet was the perfect mix of sweet and savory for this morning!! 

Unfortunately, I had to sacrifice a few chicks in order to feed my demanding tummy...

SHIT!!! Pete, is that you????
Hahahahaha...

Apple of My Eyemlet (omelet) Adapted from Taste of Home
Ingredients:
  • 3 T. whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 T. almond milk (or soy milk)
  • 1 T. lemon juice
  • 2 T. Splenda
  • 1 medium sized apple (any color) thinly sliced
  • Cinnamon to taste
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Combine flour, baking powder, eggs, soy milk, lemon juice, and sugar into a large bowl. Mix well with whisk. 
  3. Pour mixture into a shallow baking pan coated with nonstick spray. Place apple slices and cinnamon to taste on top.
Before
  1. Bake for 18-20 mins or until edges are slightly turned up and browned.
After- perfectly browned!
Enjoy with cinnamon, syrup, nutmeg, chia seeds, yogurt, whatever you want!

Three pieces later....


After b-fast, I headed for a maj sweat sesh with my other boyfriend "Gym" :) Him and I did 3 10-minute sessions. First was treadmill hill intervals, second was elliptical intervals alternating between speed and resistance, and third was treadmill speed intervals. I did my favorite ab workout from my friend Rachel:


  • 50 straight sit ups
  • 50 pulses
  • 50 leg lifts to the ceiling
  • 50 bicycles
  • 50 oblique crunches (crunches on your side)
  • Can follow this with 3 30-second planks (one to the front, one on each side)
After Justin finally awoke (I felt like a kid on Christmas waiting for him to wake up so we could play!), we headed to Tampa Bay Downs horse racing track for our friend Nick's birthday!

Lunch was Arby's on the way (it was like the promise land, we were both craving it hard core)...

Market Fresh salad and a Junior Roast Beef (not pictured because I ate it before I had a chance...)


I was like a kid in a candy store, it has been soooo long since I'd been around horses, I forgot how much I love them (I used to dabble in riding when I was younger). I had my very first horse betting experience.

Obviously, the only way to do it is to bet on funny or ridiculous horse names... so I bet on Pull Me Out, Wakiva, and Jenny's So Great. 

Win number 1!!


Me and Gucci both won this race, it was sooo exciting!

This section is for the hardcore old men, 3 whiskys deep...

The jockeys were like carnies....small hands...smelled like cabbage....They were TINY!

Win number 2!!!! We all bet on Pull Me Out because Jen came over and says, "Guys, look, number 9 's name is like a talking penis!" We were dying.

Pull Me Out and Jenny's So Great both won and I was $12.20 richer (ok, when you account for the money I spent betting and buying snacks and drinks, I actually only won $2). But who's counting?

Daaaa girls da girls da girls

hardcore equestrian pic! Jamie's riding her horse, love it!





After all the race excitement we settled into Maloney's Local Irish Pub and Eatery in West Chase with some friends...
Had some girl bonding time and a bloody mary, then we were off!

After the bar, we headed to Clearwater beach for a night in a ONE MILLION dollar condo with our friends Suzy and Stefan. It was GORG. Plus, RIGHT on the water...


Cheetah print door detail

My parents have these at their house!

Suz workin' hard in the kitch.

Sweet flatscreen where we watched South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut at bedtime! I forgot how hilarious this movie is... I was rolling...

Best 3 South Park Songs. Watch more top selected videos about: The Early ShowBaseball



This is the lobby, are joo keeding me?!

Swimmin' with the fishes!
The night was full of cookin', hot tubin', pool swimmin' (it was 85), ice cream eatin' and hysterically laughing (like it always is with those two). 

Din din! Grilled chichen, brocs, rice-a-roni, maters...

un salado! Y patatas fritas (not pictured) I took five years of Spanish and still don't know if I said any of that right...
Great Saturday!

Night all!

1 comment:

  1. papas fritas, hagan!

    that apple omelet looks to die for, darling. i wanna try. was the "whatever you want" comment an allusion to 9 year old Jackson Ulmer??

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.