28.12.11

I got a job!!!!!!

So, after recovering from last night's debacles, I rose and shone (????) to a morning apple and cup of coffee from the downtown market.


Much to my dismay, my first day wasn't spent catching up on the 84 Say Yes to the Dresses on my DVR…but catching up on bills, health insurance claims, bank, Best Buy, grocery, prescriptions, filling out paperwork, and cleaning out the fridge (like scrubbing with a toothbrush cleaning, YUCK!)…

However, I did have a few things to brighten today, even though the weather wasn't quite as sunny and warm as I would have liked to come back to…

1.) Wok N' Roll leftovers for lunch.


2.) Becoming obsessed with the Hunger Games. I read it while making my comeback at the gym. I did a strength class plus 15 minutes of running and 15 minutes of biking. Boy oh boy did it feel good to move my body again! She's been mostly sitting, laying, snuggling, and eating really rich food for two weeks! She needs to run!!!!!

3.) The most giant orange I have ever seen. Florida citrus is back.


4.) Getting a call that my background and drug test passed despite the extreme amount of meth and murders I have partaken in lately (phew!)…so I can now officially tell you guys. 


Wait for it….


I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!

Let me say it again..that wasn't quite the reaction I was looking for.


I AM OFFICIALLY EMPLOYED!!!!!!!

A WORKING WOMAN!!!!!

CAREER CHIC!!!!!!

WORKIN' 9 to 5!!!!!!

MAKIN' MY OWN LIVIN!!!!!!

Anyone? Anyone?? I know my dad's cheering right now. Like maybe chasing his tail, jumping on the bed, peeing his pants excited.

And that's not all folks.

I will be working for my favorite company.

And probably yours too.

As of today, I am officially an Executive Team Leader at Teerrrggetttt (Target)!!!!!!!!!

Remember all of those interviews? Well, I have been speaking with the recruiter (who contacted me after finding my resume last fall), district personnel, and the head HR guy for about a month now, and they have chosen me! Yayyyy!!!!

Here's the job description:


"Use your business, leadership and people skills to inspire exceptional performance. Maximize sales and profits for your Target store. Ensure great guest service and team member satisfaction. Create a fast-paced, energetic environment that delivers a consistent Target brand experience for team members and guests.

Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.  As an Executive Team Leader, you'll take the lead as you…
  • Drive sales by overseeing the guest service and merchandising of two to three departments with sales ranging from $2 - $9 million
  • Act as leader on duty, as well as opening and closing the store on assigned days
  • Assist with recruiting and hiring of your team
  • Receive extensive training to help you become a strong store executive leader
  • Ensure great service by interacting with guests and team members
  • Strive to achieve sales goals and maintain budget controls"


I really cannot imagine a job that would give me this much of a variety of experience in the areas I'm interested in.


I cannot tell you how excited I am to start my new job.

Here are the top three reasons:
1.) I get to be active and engage with people by helping them all day! Two things that I love.
2.) The job offers a huge variety of responsibilities so no two days will be exactly the same. This also gives me a chance to find out what I like! I'm afraid if I took a job just in marketing or customer service, I would be missing other facets of business. Overseeing many areas of the business allows me to go in many different directions from here.
3.) Target is an incredible place to start my career. They offer feedback consistently and are very concerned with your growth and helping you move up to where you want to go. They told me they wanted to hire me for my goals within the company in 3-5 years which included jobs in merchandising, branding, and marketing. They offer an extremely competitive set of salary and benefits.

Here are some unique benefits I'll have access to:


-Tuition Reimbursement
-Home Loans
-Adoption Assistance Reimbursement
-Childcare Discount
-Group Legal Plan
-Well-being captains at all Target locations.
-Target Clubs- "Get connected with other team members who enjoy the same activities—running, skiing, volleyball and more."
-24-hour nurse line access
-Maternity support program
-Team Member LifeResources provided by ComPsych GuidanceResources, team members and their households can get confidential counseling, support and information—even help with things like child-care arrangements and healthy-dinner menus. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Awesome.



Here are just a handful awards out of thousands that they've won.








“25 Most Innovative Companies”
Business Week
“Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyle”
National Business Group
“Top 50”
Forbes magazine's Super 500
“Top 100 Employer”
Black Collegian


I am so blessed, humbled, and excited for this new adventure in my life and I can't wait to get started!


From their innovative stores, their poignant and effective advertising, their smart and powerful corporate headquarters, to their fashion partnerships and unmatched community initiatives, this company gives me more than ample room to grow.










































In Target we Trust.


B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.