4.12.11

O S M R

Our day started off with a faint mewing at the door... we let this little guy in who was SO excited to play on the down comforter (apparently, he has a thing for goose feathers..it' weird.)....


This little guy is the most precious thing on earth. He's not afraid of anything and is curious about EVERYTHING!



After entertaining ourselves with kitty for a while, we packed up our stuff, said goodbye to Suz and Stephanie (as we so fondly call him) and headed out on this beautiful drive home!

December 4th's not doesn't look half bad here :)
We got home, quickly unpacked, and I started lunch. Breakfast was mostly a few handfuls of nuts on the drive home and munching on a apple while I cooked.

I made Butternut Squash and Kale soup from Kath Eats Real Food. It's the BEST, seriously, it takes a while to make, so make sure you have the time, but totally worth it! PS- get the big box of carrot ginger soup by Pacific instead of the one she suggests! 


It's great with spinach too, but I had a bunch of kale going bad...



Lunch was followed by some work for school, it's never ending I swear... a little reading (on my new kindle app, love it!!!) 

This is what she looks like folks, and she's alwayssss with me!



and a workout with The Firm girls (or at least that's what they call themselves on the video, but I promise that's the only obnoxious part!) since I missed all the Harbour Island classes this morning. 

This is the one I did with about a bajillion lunges



The Firm series videos are some of the best videos out there in my opinion. Most of them, whether they're labeled cardio or strength, do intervals of both as this is the most effective use of your time. Also, they majorly multitask, so you're doin' lunges, bicep curls, and tricep extensions all at the same time.


The videos are upbeat and EVERY instructor has a southern accent I swear! So depending on how you feel about those, you may love it or hate it...

My grandpa used to LOVE this joke, he would tell it every time I saw him, I swear...
This is my dad's mom and dad. My grandpa passed away in 2001, but wow was he one ornery, joke-telling, spunky man.

After a shower, and some more reading and debating about what we should do for dinner, we did separate meals. Justin did a skillet pasta meal, and I made a really bizarre mix that didn't turn out half bad.

Steamed spinach, cauliflower, carrots, and celery (wouldn't suggest steaming celery, it's kind of an awkward texture)... topped with leftover Veggie-rific La-la-lasagna, pasta sauce, and parmesan cheese.




I've had better...and I've had worse...

TV and Pomegranate shnack time!




Pom's are FULL of antioxidants...and have the power to:



  • Lower Risk of Heart Disease 
  • Lower Risk of Cancer, Especially Prostate & Breast 
  • Lessen Symptoms of Diarrhea 
  • Reduce Cholesterol 
  • Control Your Weight 
  • Fight Cell Damage

Here's a video of how to eat them so you don't get juice all over everything in sight!!!!


Sooo good, just enough crunch, sweet enough without anything on them, I just literally ate them out of the bowl with a spoon. 


Justin and I are spending our evening maxin' and relaxin' on the couch...Old School may or may not be our biggest plans for the night...although Janet Jackson is right across the street from us right now!! How cool. Maybe she'll stop by after the concert...

Hottie boombalottie.... she's so close, I can smell it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.