19.1.12

We got our house!!!!

Guess what guys?!?!

Justin and I put a deposit on our first house today!!! To rent that it…but still!

MAN! I am movin' right along on my New Year's Resolutions….

Travel to 2 new countries…Check!
Move into a house…Check!

Ahhh!!

I'm sorry, I didn't know this was happening today….

I'm so FREAKIN' EXCITED!!!


Ok, let's back up…and go through how it happened…

So woke up and ate breakfast..guess what it was...

Love these mugs that Kara got me for Christmas!!! But notice the monogram…J…remember yesterday's?? B…
BJ….we can never have cute monogramed wedding things with my name first (where it belongs)!!!….
The other options include JA (jackass) and eventually BA (badass)…don't hate it….


Anyway, after breakfast, I headed to an appointment to look at a house showing. The house was livable (although filthy and with a pungent scent of cat and puberty stricken teenage boys)…

It's pretty cute outside..but it's one block north of Kennedy, breaking a classic rule in Tampa…stay south of Kennedy if you want to be safe.


Living room…

"Organized"



This bathroom smelled like a teenage locker room.

Kitchen's not bad….but literally the guys left all of his dinner out on the counter knowing I was coming..really?

Plus, his fiance and roommate were sleeping in both the bedrooms, so he just let me peek in there….awkward


 Ok, so I was able to look past that, then I was talking to him about the safety neighborhood, and he goes, "Yeah, it stays pretty quiet around here.. the only thing I can think of is the apartment building next door…




There was a drug dealer that was living in there a few months ago, but they kicked him out, and the cops have only gotten called a few times for domestic violence issues…you know young couples…?" 

Ummmm…..yeah, those damn young couples are always pushing each other down the stairs…kids will be kids…

Ya… goodbye north of Kennedy house.

Hello charming Florida bungalow!!!

I asked if my parents could come up from their house and go through it with us because I had a feeling it would be the one and wanted to sign right away since the guys had people coming to look at it 12-6 today! 

So, of course we were there at 11:45…

Hey, early bird gets the worm.

Justin met us there, we sped through the house, and talked about it for about 1.2 minutes and put the deposit down right then and there.

Disclaimer…this house is OLD. like 1910ish old. But, fortunately the landlord is SUPER nice and already had a contractor there yesterday cleaning up the yard, and he went through everything with us and is basically doing any repairs/painting (any colors!!!) that we ask him to!! This guys rules.

Here are some pictures of our new home!!!

I am BEYOND excited!!!!


I've always wanted a front porch swing!!!


and rocking chairs?!?! Beyond my wildest dreams!

Our new landlord bought us a fern! Haha! He said, "Art before substance." I like this guy. His name's Walter…how could you not like him? Oh Walt…




Back porch walking out to backyard! 


Backyard orange trees!

Backyard lean to/future bar :) (Does lean to remind anyone else of the book Hatchet?)

Irrigated Vegetable garden!

Form inside the lean to 

Back of the house!



Living room…look a FIREPLACE!!!!! I think I just….yep… I just peed a little bit...

Living room into dining room



Cool built in shelves!!!

These are the light switches... I told you she was an oldie


Dining room into kitchen! That armoire thing goes all the way through to the kitchen and has old crystal in the bottom!

Kitchen

Kitchen looks out onto bamboo...

They're leaving the liquor..it was part of the deal :) We're gonna need it taking care of this giant antique house!




cute little curtains!

I really think the kitchen has Anthropologie written alll over it!

Sleeping porch upstairs!

other bathroom!

Bedroom 1



Old school bathroom!


Claw bathtub!

window overlooking bamboo down the stairs!

Bedroom 2

Book your tickets now folks, we have 3 bedrooms (including the sleeping porch and a giant couch) and we LOVE visitors!!!!!

ANNNDDD, a police officer (a single woman) came by later to rent it, and although she was turned down, she told us that it was the safest place for a single woman in Tampa to live, that's why she chose it. This will be awesome when I'm coming and going at all hour of the day and night for my insane job!

I felt so bad because people kept coming all day to see it/rent it and Walter kept having to tell everyone it was already rented. They were literally 20 minutes late or 45 minutes later than us….we got really really lucky!

Lunch at Pinky's to celebrate!!!

Check out those lobster claw salt and pepper shakers!! How cute!!!!!

Tomato bisque


Strawberry salad


The cherry on top???


Received this in the mail today..


Looks like it's time to go shopping for my new house!!! yayyy!!!!

So, the rest of the day was spent going through the house, measuring rooms, taking note of things that need fixing, spontaneously breaking out in cartwheels because I'm so excited, then figuring out where our furniture will fit best!

Busy, busy day!!!

Went home to spend some time with the family, eat chinese food, and then go to my first dance rehearsal in weeks…

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.