20.1.12

LandLawdy

I fueled my day with two breakys this morning, because it's just gonna be that kind of a day.

First- apples bowl. Obviously. Do I eat anything else?? Not lately.

Then, when my parents woke up a few hours later (theyr'e retired now…) we went to do our daily planning and break our daily bread at Daily Eatz, our favorite breakfast spot!

Found a new fav….

Ready for this?

The Tijuana.

Sounds dangerous right?

It's really not. It was just scrambled eggs, veggie chili, turkey sausage, and the best guacamole ever! 



Today, we found out how awesome our landlord is.

First of all, he told us tons of stories about the history of the house including:
There's an old room under the stairs that used to be a cellar where his grandma used to keep her hooch during the Great Depression.
Secondly, the front porch swing was built for landlord's mother the week she was born by his grandfather.
Third, there's a big armoire type thing on the back porch that was a pie cellar for the slaves to keep the pies away from flies in the south in the 1800s.

There were a lot more, but those were some of my favorite.


He is fixing a BILLION things on our sweet old house. I am so relieved. AND he's letting us paint all the rooms any color we want?! AND HE'S PAYING FOR IT! shwhat?! Hallelujah!

Karen Hagan just jumped for joy inside.

So, my parents and I spent pretty much all day at the house going over everything with Walter, picking out paint colors, 

Look how many whites there are alone! And this isn't even half a' them!


and working on how in the world to fit our 27 inch washer and dryer into  23 inch hole. 

Oh lawdy.


Ain't that everybody's problem??? :)

Kidding…..

Ok, so we are going with the same motif we had for our apartment, turquoise, brown, white, and gray. But this time with a little more anthro girliness….

Chandeliers and ruffles and romance in all their glory.

So exciting to have a fresh canvas!

That took most of the day, but Justin took me out for our anniversary dinner tonight. He surprised by taking me to a place I'd never been. Or…at least that he thought I'd never been to. Seasons 52

He knows me well, because I had only been to this place once and declared right then and there that it was one of my favorite ever.

For those of you who have never been there, it is very different. Its menu is changed seasonally and all meals are under 475 calories. I don't know how this is possible because some are so decadent, but I don't hate it!

Here's how it's described on the website…

"Seasons 52 is a fresh grill and wine bar that invites guests to discover the sensational flavors of a seasonally-inspired menu and award-winning international wine list in a casually-sophisticated ambiance."

Couldn't have said it better myself, boys.

Since Justin wouldn't let me ruin our anniversary dinner by stopping to take pictures, I stole these from the internet… then I ruined it anyway by causing a fight…

Dagnabit.

But dinner was awesome and romantic!

The night began with wine… a delicious Riesling to be exact…



 They sat us at our table which already had a handwritten "Happy Anniversary" card from Season 52. Then, everyone in the restaurant knew it was our anniversary and came over to wish us their best! It was a great place to celebrate…because they also gave us free champagne...

Steak and cremini mushroom flatbread...


Roasted artichoke stuffed shrimp, wilted spinach, and pasta pearls (I'm gonna start calling every pearls, it's so cute)….


They also gave us free dessert! Red velvet shot glass for me, chocolate and peanut butter for J.


Night all!
Happy 9 years babe :)
Here's to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.