20.11.11

Dance in My Pants

Ho-kay, so here we go.... I'm going to try to cover the past two days in a post that's not so long it makes your eyes cross (not typically a good look).

Saturday

Yesterday morning started off with a yogurt bowl with girl scout cookie larabar, cinnamon, and Sun Butter.



Ok, so fast forward to starting the day with Justin's work tailgate for the University of South Florida  (the other university in Tampa).

I could only stay for a few hours, but it was really good to see everyone and catch up! There was quite a spread of food,


I had a cheeseburger in paradise...I mean just a cheeseburger, a pickle and macaroni salad.


Now that's Mm'urican.

This is Justin playing football with the sweetest little boy ever!

 Ahhh..makes my uterus go pitter patter :)

After the tailgate, I rushed to the Westfield Citrus Park Mall to do some work for Verizon. They were having holiday promotion with a giveaway including flat screens, iPads, phones, and a whole buncha other shizz and needed some dancers to perform at the event. We did it 4 or 5 places around the mall.

Here's a shnippet of the performance....




Also at the mall were two horses dogs that were tallest dogs I have ever seen!!!

looks like I had midget short legs in this pic! hahaha


And a groundhog at Verizon (I can't find any connection whatsoever either, but he was a cute little f-er.)



Directly after the performance, I rushed again to staging for the show tonight. I was there from 5-12ish... this is some of the shenanigans that went on during the down times of last night...



Daaaaa boys da boys da boys!

Daaaa girls da girls da girls!

'member this guys from the bike show?!? Apparently he's an ybor regular, because he was there last night and wouldn't let me get a pic with him bc I had no cash, so I snuck one....




Gotchoogood fool!!!!
Our performance was at a show called Square One at which all artists can perform...this was a fashion show by a new designer in Tampa.... and THIS, this is the rainbow dress with red veil he created. I couldn't stop staring, so I took a picture since it would last longer :)


With Christina's pregnant belly! She's due in one week!!!! 

Can't wait to meet ja bebe girl!!!!
Anddddd I will leave you with this little gem.

The show went great, video to come!

I had fans too! After the first show, my hair stylists (one cuts, other colors) came up to me! Aparrently they were out in Ybor for the night and decided to stop by not knowing I would be performing...Random!

Justin, Allie, Travis, Chappy, Angela, Stony, and Allie's sister Meryl all came to watch. Love it when I have someone to perform for! So, while I was onstage, I heard some girl screaming every time I came onstage....come to find that girl was Justin the entire time.....wow. Atleast he enjoys it haha

After the show, we went out to the bars in Ybor.

First was Tabu'.... Justin and I felt we were at an underage dance club the entire time so, we thought it was comical to take a high school prom pic.



Fun fact: Justin and I met on a blind date when I was 15, he was 17. Our first date was an underage dance club called Neptune's in Fort Wayne.... You have my permission to laugh.

Annnndd commence Justin's photo shoot number 1....

"Babe, take a picture of me."

"Ok, take a sweet one now babe."
"Hey babe, let's get one together"
A few of other people....

Allie and Meryl having a dance off.

Grinding.

Me and Trav-tastic!

Lovin' the giant red couches! Soooo Alice and Wonderland!
Annndddd back to Justin..

t-shirt timmmmeeeee!!!

Gucci.

Ewwwwww.....

"Babe, take a real one now."

Ninja

Party starting.

Next was coyote ugly to meet my friends Christine and Brian. There, we danced on the bar like idiots just kept it cool, put out the vibe.

Justin and I came home to two old friends.



That's right, our friends pepperoni pizza and ranch! We're besties.

I we ate the entire pizza in 2 minutes flat.

Sunday


Today was started by waking up from a dream my fish (both boys) had mated and produced like 30 beta fish!! Weird.

EVERY single time I come in the kitchen, Cheese greets me and watches what I'm doing,  I swear! You can even confirm it with Justin.
Justin and I stayed in bed until 1 o'clock and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I quickly got ready, through together a bowl of vanilla yogurt, girl scout cookie larabar, coconut, and nanners, a cup of coffee and got on the road.



I worked for Verizon again today. And by work I mean danced (ahhhh, the good life). Went a lot quicker today, thank God! My body is absolutely exhausted from performing Friday, twice on Saturday and on Sunday. Mentally and physically, I am drained.

Nova making a man realllly uncomfortable while we waited to dance... us laughing from across the hall

I spent the money I just made while I was at the mall put the money into a healthy savings account.

I came home to my sweetheart, and an awesome dinner Justin raved about.

Honey BBQ Chicken
Ingredients:

  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1.5 cups sweet bbq sauce (I used smoky maple, some other ideas are cranberry, honey bbq, etc)
  • 1 cup fresh cranberries
  • 6 cups fresh greens (I used kale and spinach)
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 3 T. ketchup
Directions:
Mix bbq sauce, chicken broth, and ketchup together and place in crock pot. Add chicken and cover with the sauce. Heat on high for about 3.5 hours, depending on the size of your chicken. Add cranberries and heat on high still for 30 minutes. Add greens on top and heat an additional 15 minutes.




Serve with greens on the bottom and chicken on top.




I made this with a side of equal parts whole wheat pasta and quinoa smothered in goat cheese, basil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, oregano, and olive oil. I loved this side, but Justin wasn't as crazy about it as he was the chicken.



The weekend ended with a perfect cherry on top.



Peanut buttery, marshmellowy, caramel clustery goodness.

awwww yeaahhhhhh.... 

Today, is one of my very best friend's birthday!

This is her and her brand new husband! Too cute :)


Me n' Strika Marx (went from Erika, to Rika, to Strika)

Erika is literally the nicest, purest person I have ever met. She is just as kind and sweet as she is fun and sassy. She's seriously the perfect mix of a wholesome, overall good human being and someone who is a an absolute blast to hang out with. I met her through Kappa Delta and lived with her almost every semester in the house and then senior year of college. I don't remember what my life was like before I met her, but it certainly was not as good. She has really had an effect on who I am as a person. I wanna be just like Erika when I grow up!! :) Erika, I love you sooooo much and miss you EVERY DAY!!!!

This is in honor of you..... OHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! (that's the good shit!)


This weekend, I have felt so thankful for several things- to be dancing more than ever, to have found great friends in Tampa, and that I FINALLY have the break I have been waiting for with Thanksgiving break this week! Soooooo excited to go home, see friends and family, and be in refreshing fall weather!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.