23.11.11

Q: What kind of music did the Pilgrims like?

A: Plymouth Rock.


Thought I would start today with a little pilgrim joke in honor of making my pilgrimage back home tonight!!!


Can't wait to throw on my belt buckle hat, jump on the Mayflower, and party with some ingines.






B-fast today was hot chocolate (if drinking hot chocolate at 8 in the morning is wrong, I don't wanna be right....and also, if peeing your pants is cool...consider me Miles Davis)






and a tangerine dipped into a mixture of vanilla yogurt and whipped cream with chia seeds!


See, eating yogurt plain makes me feel like a man over 80, so I need a little crunch.


Benefits of chia seeds:
1.) Promotes cardiovascular health
2.) Assists in joint mobility and function
3.) Improves Digestion and Natural Detox
4.) Aids in Healthy Weightloss (by stabilizing the blood sugar levels after meals)






Annndd they're sooo nutty and crunchy and delicious! Add them to yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, etc...


Ok, so I have a confession. I lost all the pics of b-fast because.... well I'll explain at lunch...



I had lotso packing and work to get done before leaving tonight, so I spent most of my morning running to the bank, petco (where the pets go) to get the kids a feeding pyramid while we're gone, and packing like a mad woman!

Visited this little guy at PetCo!

His name's Felix! Look how sad he looks, he would be much happier in my apartment :)

This is the trick to leaving fish on vacay!

Ca-ooooookie crisp from the bank! They're so damn festive.




A quick lunch and workout were in order before finishing up around the house:

Vegetable noodle soup, some lunch meat and Kashi crackers!

So, this pic was taken right as my camera was falling into the soup.... shyeah... I def. dropped it in there when I was taking this pic. Cherish it. Oats did the trick and sucked all that delicious soup right outta my lense, and she's back in bus-nasty!

Went to the gym for cardio core (this class was HARDCORE!!!! Get it???? eh? eh?) and realized this little piggy was sticking out of my shoe!!! 


(Check out the sweet orange sock... yeah that's sexy..)

Love the feeling of literally wearing a hole in my running shoe. #Winning

Gym was followed by a Target run for a few friends' b-days......I can't tell you something!

And finally, another see-what-the-hell-I-can-scrape-out-of-my-fridge-before-vacation meal....


Spinach wrap with tofu, peas, and rice sauteed in curry paste and soy sauce! It was actually delicious! Then I put some final touches on my packing including some healthy snacks for the road, and I was off on my little Thanksgiving adventure!!

And an apple with mellow fluff, nut butter, and cinnamon!



Found this little gem on my way to the airport....oops... yes I was FB'ing while driving....would it be better if I said I was picking boogs? Both are just as distracting in my opinion, especially when you have a big one!



C'mon, don't pretend you don't pick your golden nuggets while you drive.... we both know you have on occasion... 



Ok, so anywayyy Justin took me to the airport and I got this awesome  five-dollar bottle of water and a pack of fruity mentos (I forgot about these things, they're the bomb.com)





Plane ride was treacherous... bumpy as heck! My computer died halfway through, and I had already read TWO (count em') TWO trashy mags.


So, I cozied up to this snack and tried to sleep despite the boy beside me who was energetically partaking in his first plane ride :) Cute, but very talkative




Now, I am back home again in Indiana! Cold and gray, but full of cuties :)


That's love.


My precious widdle girrl!!!
Jackson was there too, but he was too cool to pose for pics! :(

Today, I am thankful to be home, you never realize how much you miss it until you're back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.