27.11.11

T-Gives at Lola Martina’s

Today was aaawwllll about the Martin’s Thanksgiving!



After a delicious Caramel Macchiato that Stuart’s dad made for me, my parents picked me up (again 14) to head down to Indy. The comedy  XM station got us there.

Nothin’ funnier’n racism :) Totally kidding, peeps, calm down!


We got there early enough to be the first ones there- AKA, first dibs on the cocktail shrimp. We actually had to get more because my dad and I are such fat kids and almost ate the whole platter.



Aaron’s sister, brother-in-law, niece, nephew and his mom and her boyfriend arrived from Ohio a bit later. We are so lucky to have such awesome, fun-loving, sweet in-laws (on Justin’s side too)!

The day was perfect, Kara and Aaron cleaned the house up and lit candles and were even able to keep the front door open (it was in the 60’s in Indiana on Thanksgiving weekend, that’s a major first!).




We even hung out in the backyard for a few minutes running around with the dogs and kids like mad while Aaron deep-fried a turkey infused with Frank’s Hot Sauce wearing this.

He also had a moose mug to complete the dead sexy ensemble. Kara’s so “proud of him.” :)

What else would you fry a turkey in? 

The verdict on the turkey was sexcellent!!! Really juicy, really flavorful (TWSS). My dad went back not for seconds, but more like fifths and so did I.





After a few plates of delicious food, the festivities wound down and we had a slide show/video viewing of Kara and Aaron’s wedding. They just now got their stuff (the wedding was in August!) .

It really was perfect timing though because we were all there to look at them for the first time together. Presh



Our favorite pics to come!!!

The night ended by reading the kids stories, snuggling with the dogs, and some sleepy goodbyes before we headed to our hotel.



Today, I’m thankful for little kids and I don’t mean that in a creepy way (or do I?) It was so fun playing with Aaron’s niece and nephew; they’re about my favorite kids in the whole world… I mean how can you resist that face?


She lovessss kisses from Jackson!



Good night!

2 comments:

  1. This post was so cute! Thakms for loving my kids!! They had a great time with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem :) They are wonderful!!! And sooo entertaining!! Can't wait until the next holiday with you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.