7.11.11

Senior Singles Mingle

Today, my mom and I woke up and headed out to the farmer’s market.

Or… actually we drove there but when we didn’t find a parking spot in the first three minutes, we quit and when to Sweet Bay instead. Sorry locals.

We got a ton of delicious food for tonight (pics to come later), then headed back to save my boyfriend from his panic attack due to the lack of technology in this house.

After my dad was done kicking arse in tennis, we headed out to Venice where we went to see the spectacle of the old people capital of the world shop at the awesome art fair.

While we were waiting for a table at TJ Carney’s (an old irish pub in Venice), my dad was lucky enough to get an invite to SENIOR PEOPLE MEET on his phone, so we changed the parameters to singles between 80 and 90 and I swear to sweet baby Jesus half the people listed for Venice were at this bar. Ya, they like to party too. So what if they have to get wheeled there.

One Bloody Mary, a bowl of black bean soup, and a portobella burger later, I was rarin’ to explore!



We went shopping all around Venice, and even though we got stuck a few times behind a walker or wheelchair, we managed to find some goods! Necklace to wear and starfish to decorate with.

I am my mother’s daughter.

Art fair

Boys hangin' at the bar while we shopped

 All that bar-ing and shopping made us tired, so nap time bestowed upon the household after that. I take back what I said yesterday about not being a good napper.

I was awesome at it today- high five.

After seepy time, my mom and I went about cooking a FAB din-din  for the fam and John and Nancy (our friends who came with us today and then came over for dinner).

Tonight's Menu included:

Cilantro grilled shrimp with cranberry chutney

Schuper Strawberry Salad (my friend Heather’s recipe with mixed greens, strawberries, almonds, feta, craisins, and raspberry walnut vinagarette)

Plentiful Potatoes with carmelized onions (redskins roasted at 425 for 35 mins, drizzled with olive oil and Columbia seasoning)

Beautiful broccoli and Zesty zucchini (soaked in Italian dressing and grilled) 

4 succulent steaks (fill-et mig-none cut into steak tips)

And look what I found while making the salad!!!! Baby strawberry still attached with the umbilical cord!


I felt the only appropriate thing to do with it was to garnish my cocktail!

And last but not least Nancy’s Fancy Fudge and Rice Krispy Treats!



Food Coma.

The boys went over to the Scheele’s to watch the LSU/’Bama game, and needless to say, we did not.

We stayed home and watched Water for Elephants



Whoever told me that movie sucked can suck it, because it’s one of my new favorites.

My mom and I both read the book and they did an awesome job of recreating exactly what happened in the book.


Off to go snuggies and ni-ni!!!! (don’t hate me, hate my sister)

Today, I’m thankful for good movies! There is nothing like spending the night getting lost in a good ole' Hollywood story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.