7.11.11

This Little Piggy

Today started off with a bowl of sliced bananas with yogurt, pumpkin, coconut, cinnamon, and SunButter! It was good, but could have used some caaa-runch (breakfast and lunch are not pictured because I accidentally deleted them)!

After breakfast, I made some calls for school, I have my first Sustainability Awards Interview tomorrow with the CEO of Noble Juice located in Winter Haven, FL!

Then, I headed to the gym for two hours of awesomeness. 

Susan Boyle gives this two thumbs wayyyy up (Aladdin anyone?!)

Bodypump followed by bodyflow. That's alotta body shtuff.

After Bodypump which is all manly weightlifting, my body just felt so toight like a toiger, so I decided to stay for the flow class which is mostly Yoga, Tai Chi, and Pilates to stretch it all out after those runs this weekend (hold your laughter, keep it mature folks). 

My mom has been reading up on Buddhism, practicing yoga, and meditating (I know, she's such a hippie!), so she inspired me to try yoga again!

It was just what I needed, some really deep slow stretching plus working on some things I'm really bad at:
1.) Patience- you have to hold the poses forever! 
2.) Quiet- I always prefer a people, animal, and noise-filled house to a silent one
3.) Moving slowly
4.) Surrendering to relaxing (I've been so busy for so long, it's hard for me to clear my mind and relax my body)

It was soooo awesome for me! Whoever says yoga isn't hard isn't doing it right. I think some poses are harder than long-distance running.

Umm....I'd like to see a football player try this.
I don't even know what's happening here...


After the workouts, I was ravenous, so I hurried home to take down some Pumpkin Garlic Pasta leftovers, delicious and a few hot cocoa's!

Here's a video my friend Erika sent me to honor our love of hot drinks. This is a real training video for Wendy's. Oh how I love Wendy's, and the 80's and most definitely hot drinks....




Add a smile, and have a nice dayyy!!! Today, I'm thankful to have friends who have the same warped sense of humor as I do :)

On today's agenda:
1.) Clean our disgusting apartment/unpack
2.) Catch up on studying/assignments for school
3.) Class
4.) Get my life back together
5.) Date with TIVO (I have been tv, internet, and electronics deprived allll weekend!!!)

Check, check, check, check, check!!!

One thing I HAVE to share with you guys is something that my family thinks is just hilarious:

No words. 

Ok, sooooo speaking of missing little piggies, we had one for dinner tonight! I know, you can hit me for that one....
On the menu:
Pork chops with onions, sweet potatoes, apples, even Justin liked it!
Boiled Asparagus tossed with parmesan, olive oil, and garlic
Recipes below!

After dinner, J and I both didn't feel like doing anything, so we indulged in what else? Disney. Cars 2. It was adorable and so clever! They even go to Towkyo (ha!) Awesome. And with that, I'm off to bed, got an interview with a CEO bright and early tomorrow

Boiled Asparagus (Adapted from Simply Recipes)
Ingredients:

  • 1 bunch asparagus (washed and stems trimmed)
  • 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 T. parmesan cheese
  • 1 T. minced garlic
Directions:
  1. Fill medium sauce pan halfway with water
  2. Bring to a boil
  3. Put asparagus in
  4. Immediately reduce heat to medium high
  5. Parboil (partially boil) for exactly 2 minutes
  6. Drain hot water
  7. Place in pan and sautee with EVOO, parmesan, and garlic on medium for about 3 minutes
Enjoy!






So fresh and so green, green! These were cris-p!



Fall Pork Chops for 2 (Adapted from AllRecipes.com)
Ingredients:

  • 2 pork chops
  • S+P to taste
  • 1 yellow onion sliced into rings
  • 1 sweet potato, sliced (microwave for 1 min. to make slicing easier)
  • 1 apple cored and sliced any way
  • 2 T. brown sugar (splenda brown sugar mix if you have it!)
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 1 tsp rosemary
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Season pork chops with seasonings and arrange in a medium oven safe skillet or pan with a lid (I used a cookie sheet)
  3. Top chops with onions, sweet potatoes, and apples.
  4. Sprinkle with brown sugar 
  5. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until meat is cooked through and potatoes are soft







The pork chops soaked up all the flavors and didn't even need sauce!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.