7.11.11

More Cowbell

I woke up this morning with Saturday night fever. And the only prescription…

was more cowbell.



I have no idea what that means, but I though the two iconic lines fit well together.

Last night was another fun-filled family fest (say that five times fast…shyeah…). We went out for a night out on the town in Sarasota.



My two


favorite guys.

















We were super psyched when we got there and realized the Chalk Festival was going on. There is nothing I love more than a good chalking.


But, seriously, it was pretty cool.

It’s basically where a bunch of artists come from all over the world to do unbelievable artwork on the streets of Sarasota with chalk. What’s not to like about that?

Plus there was a wanna-be Elvis singing and a giant picture frame for no reason! Ya, what’s up Saturday night (insert sarcasm here)!

Giant picture frame...

 They had just started that day, so there wasn’t much to see yet except outlines and a little color, but here’s them working so diligently into the night!



After realizing that in our haste we had parked on the complete wrong end of Main Street away from all the restaurants we had talked about going to, we had to walk all the way back through the festival to move our car, guess we love chalk.

We ate at Patrick’s, a just-casual-enough-for-my-pleather-jacket place right on Main Street in Sarasota.

That’s where I met the love of my life.



Goodbye Justin. Hello Pumpkin Martini.

Umm……..seriously? Life changing.

Luckily, Justin was enthused by me finding a new love of my life too and we actually took a picture of the ingredients so he could greet me with one every night when I get home :)



The pumpkin martini was followed by spinach and artichoke dip (a family staple), a glass of pinot grigio, and the mandarin chicken salad. The mandarin chicken salad could have been better, but I was starving so I ate it all anyway…oops. Last but not least- chalk-it cake (get it?!?!)




We went to the Gator Club afterwards, and my mom totally got picked up by a guy AND a girl!!!!! It was super awkward and awesome at the same time to see my mom have to politely turn down a lesbian.




Guess you better hold onto her tight, Dad, everyone’s after that fox!

<3 them :)

Today, I’m thankful for my best friends in the whole world- my family. I am one of the lucky few who actually adores their family. I am bessed to have laid-back, fun, yet supportive parents who both Justin and I love to spend time with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.