15.11.11

Garth and Kat

Sorry I didn't post this yesterday guys, I didn't get home until 10:30 from dance and all I could think about was sending the e-mails I needed to and my bed. So this is from yesterday....

Last night I stayed up last night until 12:30 watching Kristin Wiig videos  doing really important research for you guys on award winning films. These are the most attractive people I've ever met in person.



I wanted to put their Thanksgiving video up here, but it's not on YouTube and I can only figure out how to embed videos from there so far (help?!).... So, here's the link to get you in the mood for the Thanksgiving holiday with....what else but Thanksgiving tunes?!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/299652/saturday-night-live-weekend-update-garth-and-kat



These videos are life changing. If you have time... watch this one too.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/241596/saturday-night-live-weekend-update-garth-and-kat



This is prob my fav because I can totally relate for I too typically go to funerals in my best turtleneck and my favorite astroturf vest.

So, onto some serious business.

Breakfast.

PB and Yay Smoothie in a Bowl with Kashi! Recipe is on Recipe Tab

K, that was fun.

Have you ever noticed how quickly, newscasters can switch from deathly hollows news, to the perky, wide-toothed grinned, "Annnddd, back to you, Al!"

Take this guy for example...
I couldn't help but laugh out loud this morning when I was watching the local news and they were talking about the whole Penn State drama and the molesting, then they went to several local horrors like a police officer being stabbed 56 time or something horrible like that, and then all the sudden, they're like......"Annnnddd that's it for your local news, happy monday! Back to you suz! (wink)"...


Also, I have to rat out Justin for a second. 

Fact: He is the WORST cockroach catcher ever.

Don't get me wrong... he's good at many things...like making Orange Julius smoothies, popping and locking, and disc jockeying (especially techno).... buttttt he sucks at killing bugs.

DJing....on a pink ipod...

popping and locking (said in the most white voice ever)....

So, last night, I walked into the kitchen naked fully clothed only to be met by a roach!!!!! I of course had the natural reaction and screamed boody mary...er bloody murder and ran into the bedroom.

You guys have no idea how much courage it took for me to Google search images for this. Horrible, absolutely horrible nightmarish things come up when you google cockroach.

Of course, I ordered Justin to kill it immediately calmly notified the "man of the house"... 

right.....
So, he walks into the kitchen... is in there for a while, then calmly returns to TV watching. I asked if he got it, and without even a look up he replies, "No, he got away."

I am still mad at him for leaving me and the cockroach together alone in the apartment while he's at work all day. And so the epic bug battle of 2011 begins.

I swear to you, of all times he's tried to catch and do away with these things which is probably about 10, he's been able to do like 1 or 2. And he NEVER thinks it a big deal that he just leaves these things scuttling amongst us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh.

Where can I find a new boyfriend?

Hahahahaha, on second thought....

On another note.... I have absolutely no idea what I just ate for lunch, but it was delicious!!!

I felt like experimenting today so I used:
Ingredients:
2 carrots
2 stalks of celery
3 handfuls spinach
2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cap garbanzo beans
1.5 cups leftover cheesy butternut squash casserole
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 T. minced garlic

Directions:
Chop the carrots and celery and cover them in the chicken broth in a small sauce pan.

Bring it to a boil, then reduced heat to let it simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender and until most of the broth is soaked up.

In the meantime, chop the onion, and place it in a small skillet with the garlic and a bit of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) on medium heat.

Once the onion is browned,  add the spinach and a bit more EVOO. Once the spinach is slightly wilted, add the garbanzo beans an sautéed all together.

Heat up leftover cheesy butternut squash (or any kind of roasted, toasted, or sauteed squash will do) for 1 minute when everything is good n' ready.

I put it all one one plate, added some goat cheese crumbles on top...



Then, I mixed 'er awwlllll to-get-her (that's the way I learned to spell together in 2nd grade, I still remember it that way...thanks Kara) and downed it in like 2.5 seconds flat.



I cannot even describe the cheesy deliciousness that my mouth just experienced. This recipe is AMAZE-BALLS.

Since, I am currently a full-time student with no job, I used all leftovers for this recipe and am in desperate need for a trip to the gor-shee (that's how my friend Rachel says grocery), and my favorite movie is Dumb and Dumber... I am officially dubbing this recipe......

We Got No Food, We Got No Jobs, Our Pets Heads Are Fallin' OFF!!!



Is it bad that I ate a brownie one the way to workout??? Nahhh, I didn't think so :)
Lil' piece o' my brownie... OOOHHHH YEAAHHHHH!!!


After lunch, I headed to boot camp at Harbour Island Athletic Club with Garret. He's really cool, when I did paddle boarding he was the instructor for it, so he knows me by name, and uses it to get me goin'. This big guy stopped me outside class and said, "Nothin' like a boot camp class to make ya feel like a pansy. I'm dyin' and I look over and you're using the same weight as me! I'm a big man and play soccer three times a week."

Thanks to my guns for making this compliment possible.

I don't know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.

After a quick sher (shower) I headed to the promise land.



Hallelujah!!!!

You know you're in trouble when Whole Foods and Target are on top of each other.

I usually buy my groceries at Wal-mart, but when I can financially, like once a month, I like to get some special things at Whole Foods that you can't get anywhere else.

The thing is, I ask a lot of my bod. Her and I get a long pretty well most times because I pay her back by spending the extra time and money if necessary to give 'er nutricious, quality food that tastes awesome and give er what she needs (for the most part)...

I snacked on these bad boys while I put the groceries away


They were the shizz. I mean they were as good as eating nacho leaves can be.

chopped up everything for dinner, then headed to class to review for a test on Wed (bleh).

I quickly whipped up this dinner (I actually hate when people say that, like it's no big deal...haha) before practice at 7-10....

Green Goddess Curry (Adapted from Kath Eats Real Food)



Ingredients:
1 medium eggplant
1 box soft tofu
1 medium head broccoli
1 can water chesnuts
1/2 can garbanzo beans
1/2 small jar green curry paste
1 can regular light coconut milk
Olive oil for cooking
Fresh ginger and garlic and maybe salt, to taste

Method
1.) Cut eggplant, tofu, and broccoli into large chunks.  Sautee in a pan with olive oil until mostly cooked through.
2.) Add can of light coconut milk, and 2T of green curry paste, stir to combine.
3.) Add a drained can of water chestnuts, and half a can of drained chickpeas.
4.) Add salt to taste, and maybe garlic, ginger, or curry powder.


Serve with nuts on top!





It was good, but it would have been better if I had more time to let the veggies/tofu cook more thoroughly.

Dance was good, except only 6 of us showed up for rehearsal....boo. We have a show this weekend too, with an 8-minute dance. Yeesh.

I found out today that my 4 best friends from elementary school and I are all going to be in the same place at the same time during Christmas! This is the first time in I don't know how long!!!! I am beyond excited.

Before bed I noshed on a tangerine with fat free whipped cream and a few more brownies that's it.



Today, I am soooo thankful to have scotchy, scotch, scotch, down into my belly. Just kidding....... I am thankful to be able to have delicious, nutritious food every day though. So, many places in the world, this is a luxury, and I consider it necessary. I am a lucky girl.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.