9.11.11

Hump Day

Happy HUMP DAY!!!!!!






Sorry, I had to.


I woke up this morning in the mood to clean. I have no idea why, but first thing, I put on a pot of coffee and proceeded to clean my entire kitchen, and it felt sooo good!


Then, I must have been in the mood to eat Pinesol as well, because I ate this chopped mango for breakfast.



So vibrant!


Is it just me, or does it have a slightly evergreen taste? Gin does too, mix it with anything red and you've got yourself a perfect Christmas drink, who cares if it's disgusting, it's Christmassss!!!






Today, I am feeling really motivated and intrigued by a lot of things....


Here's a quote I got from the Daily Love today:




"Let's get something straight right now - you and me - we have the EXACT same amount
of time as Shakespeare, Einstein, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Richard Branson or
any other genius who has ever lived. We breathe the same air. We see the same Sun...

TIME and MONEY are two things people ALWAYS use as excuses for why their life isn't
the way that it is. And you know what - I say that if you don't have the TIME or
 the MONEY - then it's about TIME to start CREATING the TIME and MONEY.

If we are going to take our lives to the next level, it's time to knock off the
excuse of not having enough time, get clear about our priorities and then SCHEDULE
the things that matter most."

This quote is making me feel like moving at lightning speed today to work towards not only the things I need to get done, but the things that I have been putting off as well like...

 1.) Designing more looks for the stylist in me (hoping to make a career out of this someday)

2.) Getting the project for the Eating Disorders Coalition checked off my list

3.) Writing a paper I have been truly scared of (a real academic article proposal that I am going to try to get published encouraged by my professor).

I am going to dedicate three hours of my day today  (1 for each) to these things starting now....ready, set, go!

Also on my inspiration radar:










These are all from Atlantic-Pacific, my favorite fashion blog. They were taken on her recent trip to Lake Tahoe, which is one of the places I want to go before my life is over. PS- where do I sign up to be a lesbian? This girl is totally worth it!!!!


Looks like here might be a good place to start... Not sure what this is...
But I like it.
My mom went on a trip after college around the US and actually stopped at Lake Tahoe and lived there for a few years in the mountains because she just thought it was so beautiful. I told you she was cool. Anyone want to go with me?!


After getting some of this work done, I made lunch..


Spaghetti on 'Shrooms! (wild man...)
Ingredients:

  • 2 packages Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Noodles
  • 1 C pasta sauce with mushrooms
  • 2 oz. chopped mushrooms
  • 1 C peas
  • 1 handfull of spinach
  • Shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese (optional)
  • Basil, Oregano, Italian Seasoning and S+P to taste (optional)
First, drain, rinse, and pat dry noodles. Microwave them for 1 minute and pat dry again. Put peas, mushrooms, and spinach in a sprayed skillet on medium high heat. Sauté with spices of your choice until tender. 



Microwave Noodles with sauce on top for 2 minutes oh high. Mix veggies with the noodles and sauce, and you gotcherself lunch!



Nnnnnoooooooodddllllleeeessss.....

It was really filling actually (well, two bowls later it was...)!

After lunch, I headed off to the gym for strength training and Zumba! I wanted to try Zumba to report back to you guys.

I'll be honest, I have been reluctant to try it. I thought it might be a bit like Jazzercise (which it is), for older women (it could be), and too slow moving for someone who's taken dance all her life (dead wrong).

Was NOT like this at all... but boy she looks like she's havin a ball! Geez-o-pete!

So, this Zumba teacher is my new idol. 

You should see this chick shakin' it. I don't know if she has latin roots or shwhat, but dammmmnnnnn, made me wanna have lip liner (and only lip liner), gold hoops, and a Puerto Rican ass (not to stereotype...uhhh)...

Aw crap, how'd that get in there?!

I usually don't mind being small-framed, I actually like it most days, but today, I wanted to be a curvaceous Latin lovahhhh!!! The movements were a lot of hip thrusting and body rolls, and I didn't mind it at all...appropriate for Hump Day I suppose.... 

However, I did feel really awkward and lanky. Some things just don't look right on a skinny, white girl wearing giant sweat shorts...(I've really gotta get my gym bottoms to the tailor!!! [Teeeerrrget lady, anyone??])

Note to self: don't wear old sweat shorts in a gym full of ridiculously good looking people...

The verdict- I actually loved Zumba! It moved realllyyy fast, this poor old lady behind me didn't know what was happening.

It was like getting a workout while dancing all night with friends, perfect! It even had two section where you used weights to tone the arms which I was not expecting...and who doesn't bring weights to the club, I know I do! Haha!

C'mon people, don't you just wanna be her??? 


I would suggest this for anyone bored with their cardio routine that has some experience with choreography because it was tough to pick up so fast.

And this is where allllll the magic happens folks...

Purdy, ain't she?


Autumn apples bowl (with blueberries and granola this time!) for a quick snack attack before class.



Plusss a few handfuls of these guys for my insatiable sweet tooth.



My first class today was actual a crazy guest speaker on sustainability who wore a cowboy hat and hair down to her butt. She was the founder of Natural Capitalism Solutions and has consulted for very large companies, even Wal-mart! 

This is her. I wasn't kidding about the cowboy hat folks.

Though, I will tell you one thing, UT students are not afraid to challenge people. There was a few students and even a few professors who challenged her "facts" (which were pretty anti-American). It was kind of uncomfortable to watch...but kind of made me laugh at the same time that these kids were so ballsy, and kind of right in my opinion! 

Take that corporate America...

Drop kick.

There was some great food there though, like fresh veggies of all kinds, spinach and artichoke dip, fresh pita, cookies, and chicken fingers...woah... 

So, I packed a dinner that never got eaten because the three heaping plates one dainty plate I had kept me full until after my second class 

PS- I saw this on the way to class....

Ummmm.... I'm sorry, modern slavery??? Hmmm, might wanna think about
rearranging the words a bit there folks...
A simple turkey wrap and homemade trail mix with cocoa almonds, soy nuts, pretzels, and chex mix to keep my energy up before dance.




I got home just in time to watch some of the CMA red carpet (which my Miss Orlando little sister, now Miss America's Teen, is walking tonight! Sooooo proud of her!!!), 

Her and Blake Shelton, BA!
This is her and I before she was famous...


an old Dave Matthews concert with Justin and some of the 1994 classic Airheads...

Now time for danceeeee!!!!!

Today I'm thankful for the beautiful weather. It is absolutely gorgeous here every day pretty much. Today was 75 and sunny, and it just makes me smile (gag). But seriously, I loooovvvee the sunshine!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.