2.8.12

Slow down life!

Welllll HELLLLOOOOO world!!

Can you tell I'm slightly more rested than I was while working for Target :)

Ahhh….to be jobless. It does have its perks! 

This will be my "catch up" post and I'll post the first daily of many later today or maybe tomorrow! Gosh, I missed blogging. What did I ever do before it?!

Soooo, not much has been happening around here….

Besides moving to Indianapolis….

Anddd we're off!

The first day went on forever! It was about ten hours the first day, most of which I spent reading Fifty Shades. I just about wrecked a few times….. Gosh darnit Christian Grey, you are somethin' else…

He was a perfect little angel for most of the ride, just snuggling with his babies in the back.

 Until he decided to try to drive.
Labs doin' laps :)

We stayed at a hotel in Chatanooga that "dogs were allowed at"….orrrr we might have just some covert opps. I thought it would all be hunky dorry until I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of urine… Never a sound one wants to wake up to.

I was pretty pissed, for a lack of better words, but no worries, we made up and made out the next day.
The second day was wayyy shorter and went much smoother until about 1:30, just as we were heading out of Tennessee into Kentucky...

If you've never made this trip before, please know that the speed limit drops from about 75 to 45 in 2 seconds flat, and cops LOOOOVVVEEE to pull you over right there.

And we were no exception. Awesome power-tripping cop told me he was pretty sure I wouldn't "forget him once he was done with me." Ummmm….. right…..gross.

18 hours of driving, one 200 dollar ticket, 8 stops for gas and potty breaks, and many snacks later...


We were HOME!!!!!

I LOVE this house. I will be here for many, many years. It just feels like home already.

Look, we even have a giant oak tree!

Living room...

Messy living room :)

Future bar room/dog room now… It's a work in progress...

Cranberry dining room! My deam!!!


Kitchen display cabinets!

Dude, I built both the island and the armoire with my bare hands. No joke. Well, Target built it first, then I put it together...Took me the whole day for the island, but so worth it!

More of the kitchen. We will eventually cover those glass cabinets with fabric since nothing cute goes in there.

Man room

Man room continued. Look familiar??

Guest room in progress!!

Downstairs bathroom, painted eggplant with a French parlor theme!

We have a bookcase!!! With no books…:(

Our bathroom upstairs. Put that white cabinet together myself too… I tell ya what, I am considering a career in carpentry. 

Stop laughing.

Vanity and the mirror that won't stay on the wall.

Ruffle shower curtain makes a second appearance!


Our own little loft upstairs.

Notice it's all Justin's stuff all over :)

How our bed normally looks sans frame and headboard.
If you think we make our bed everyday, you are sadly mistaken.

Closet from heaven!
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!!!







Celebrating the fourth of July at the lake (where Finley met his cousins finally!)..

If you haven't been around much lately, you must know that Finley is a taken man. Him and Lola are lovers.



Playin' in the sprinkler
Which quickly turned into Lola sitting on the sprinkler. What a floosy.

Playin' hard..



Or hardly playin??? Who knows...

What's that you say?? I have more dog friends than I do people friends??? Hey now, dogs can party jus t as hard as people…

Exhibit A. Toilet huggin' is not for the faint of heart...

Exhibit B.
No that's not an old Cuban cigar smuggler…that's Lola…

Exhibit C.
All American face plant.

Exhibit D.
Snuggies.

Exhibit E.
Bow...tie-tie :)

Exhbiti F
Fetal position.

Alright I think that's enough exhibits for now (You thought exhibits only went up to B, didn't you?? Nope, exhibits are unlimited for this girl who takes everything a bit too far…)

I think I've made my point.

No but really, I did actually hang out with people some of the time.

See, there's Aaron! :)

Kidding…
Look at all those people in the background?!


And check out this winner!
I can't tell you how hard I laughed when I realized it looked like her straps went to the seat cushion behind her. 

She doesn't go anywhere without her seat cushion.

Safety first!!!


Anywayssss, needless to say, canines and humans alike had a little too much fun at the lake.


Good thing, because shit got real not too long after.

My sister had the baby!!!!!


 This was a shot I got a few nights before of Kara and Aaron picking out the baby's first outfit.
Yes, Aaron was naked for the whole thing.

What?? You don't hang out with your brother-in-law naked? Weird.

Whilst observing this glorious occassion, I found this little diddy in Kara's gift bags.
Man, at least SOMEONE has a sense of humor at Explora. Please tell me you see what I see.

A bib. Obviously.

Kara went in for a normal check up, and after the doctor noticed several red flags, she was asked to stay the night to be monitored. 

Well, as it often does, monitoring turned into "you're not leaving here without a baby!"

So, I made my way to the hospital and slapped on some rubber gloves to help out!

Ew. sorry.

Anyway, Aaron was a champ from the very beginning, holding her hand, rubbing her back, telling her how awesome she is.
Always sporting his sweet Beaches slippers (and sneaking peeks of Sports Center whenever possible).

Oh ya, and I guess Kara was kind of an all-star too! :)
I love this picture of her and my mom holding hands, I just wish it turned out clearer!

Here she is, ready to celebrate with the grown up bottle of Grey Goose and baby bottle of Patron from Meredith!

After 12 hours of monitoring, followed by 17 hours of labor, followed by a last minute c-section, he was here!!!!!

Crying, but at least in the world and healthy!

Myles Franklin Martin
7lbs. 5 oz.
21 inches long (HOLY COW!)
Huge feet
Perfect baby.


Awww, munchkin!

First hand hold!

Mama and Myles


Whole fam!

First picture with aunt britty. Good thing my bangs cooperated for this picture. Oh wait, no. They didn't.

Here he is a little more peaceful the next morning!
Get a load o that gown. Precious.

Hey little man!!!


Just chillen. 

It was an amazing time for everyone but Jackson.

He wouldn't stop crying the entire time because he wasn't invited to the hospital.


What a baby :)

First times with the asian doctor!
Oh wait, that's my dad looking creepy in his mask! All four dogs got kennel cough that week, including my dad.


One of the first holds from nana! Lovin' life.

Look how tiny!

I had no idea how much I could love a human being right from the start until I became an aunt. It's the most incredible gift I could ever ask for, and definitely my proudest moment thus far! Can't wait to learn what his personality is like!

Besides moving to indy, and becoming an aunt, I also got another sweet job….

I actually became a professional dancer for our NBA team, the Pacers!

The outfit that started it all. Not much there, until you throw some sass into it :)

Auditions!


Sorry this picture had to be removed! View pictures of Pacemate auditions at Pacers.com!
Photo shoot

In addition to three rounds of cuts based on dance and performance abilities and photo shoots, we were also put through the wringer in fitness, interview, onstage question, dance technique, and our ability to brand ourselves in an online presence.

Apparently I passed because I am one of a lucky group of 14 girls with the opportunity to dance for the Pacers!

Ummm…. I suppose our family has been a BIT busy around here!

SOOOO excited for what the future has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.