3.8.12

Squirrel Stare Off

Today began with a VERY energetic dog and a run to Corner Coffeehouse. I needed caffeine straight into my veins if I was going to keep up with this kid.

You'd never know how full of energy he is by the way he looks when he wakes up...

There it is…that crazy pup look in his eye. You know the one that says, "Mom, as soon as you turn your head, I'm going to eat the crap out of these flowers. You know, the ones you're making me pose by like an idiot?"

This kid, who by the way may or may not be a future cross dresser. Just check out how much he loves makeup!



I mean, he won't leave it alone. Seriously.

Weird.
Eyeliner? Really, Fin?

Anywho, we started off the day at Cornerstone Coffee to get this little gem.

Ever heard of 7 minutes in heaven?? That's what this was. The flavor was a mix of butterscotch, vanilla, and caramel. YES PLEASE!!

Along with a generous bowl of chopped pears, vanilla yogurt, cinnamon cereal, whipped cream and chocolate almonds.

Right before the consumption of this glorious breakfast, Finley almost died. 

He had a face off with a squirrel next door.

Was it real??

Heck no!! Finley won't mess with the real squirrels, just ceramic ones.



He was terrified.

Ridiculous.

After applying to a few jobs, I headed to LA Fitness to take a BodyWorks class. Besides this class, I have to tell you, I have been sorely disappointed with the fitness in Indy.

Mostly because NO ONE has my beloved Les Mills classes.

Lifestyles used to be my go to as they offered just about all of them, but then LA bought them out and took away all the good classes. Not cool.

I finally found a few gyms that offer some of the classes, but they are no where near our house! :(

I've taken on CrossFit course downtown which was great, but again too far! I attempting to CrossFit in Broadripple this morning, but they sent me away and told me to come back for the newbie class before I even started.

Talk about embarrassing.

Anyway, I am on the quest for a great gym, so if anyone in the Indy area has some advice to offer, I'm all ears!!

Har har. Corny Indiana joke for ya :)

The past few days have been fun filled!

Spent two nights ago with my friend Stuart for my sister's best friend Casey's birthday.

He brought his lab, Hank, over for a play date!

Chocolate and Vanilla swirl!


He is such a cutie!

Stuart and I took some time to walk down to the farmer's market down the street to check it out!



I am so in love with this place and know I will be frequenting it often!


We went to a restaurant called Late Harvest which was incredible!

We split a wedge salad and I had the Chicken Under a Brick. It's literally cooked under a brick to cook both sides at the same time evenly!



Then, since a few of our friends knew the chef, we were awarded a shmorgasboard of desserts! Banana splits, sticky toffee pudding, and lemon cake!

Holy indulgent!

So much for the cleanse I was trying out.

Jimmy Buffet concert didn't do much for that either…

Wednesday night, one of Justin's friends called and said he had two FREE tickets to the concert that night at 8! I was so freakin' excited I about peed my pants!

I don't know if you know, but Jimmy Buffet was my very first concert. I spent about two weeks memorizing my right and lefts so that I could do my fins the right way on "Fins to the left, Fins to the right!" Then, I fell asleep before he played that song. 

Guess that's what happens when 4-year-olds go to concerts.

Here's some pics!

Who's that couple?

Oh it's us!

:)

I better get going, I have to pack up all of our things for the lake this weekend! 

Yahoo!!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.