26.8.12

Potato Sacking

Thought since I had a bit of a serious post yesterday, I'd catch you up on the food, fun, frolicking, etc. today :)

I got home from dance Thursday night famished! Holey NBA dances. They are fast. And exhausting! We can dooooo itttt!!!!!

A bit of chicken marinated in homemade Greek dressing with a whole zucchini and a whole sweet potato with a bit of feta mixed and leftover pasta salad in hit the spot.





What's that? Oh no, I didn't share, it was just me eating all of that :)

I got the recipe for the marinade from Tara at Trebleinthekitchen.wordpress.com! She has lots of great healthified recipes if you are looking for some!

After 31/2 hours of dancing and with a full belly I slept like a baby! Good thing because Justin had to get up at 5 this morning, which means we all get up at 5. I don't know about you, but when I know someone in the house is up, it's really difficult for me to go back to sleep.

I finally just said screw it and got up at 6 for no reason and made my new favorite breakfast!


Paleo oats! I'm trying all kinds of new paleo recipes and loving it! It's just a different way of eating, much more protein. Don't expect to see me giving up grains anytime soon though, I'm not that intense.


After a little bit of job searching (putting myself back out there guys… baby steps in the dating world :)…

and Today Show watching,

By the way, speaking of the Today Show, did anyone see this little gem??

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/48723704#48723704

Good ole' Carmel, Indiana. Best place to live in America. Who woulda thunk?

 I stepped out of the house for a strength and conditioning class.

This one had the magic I was missing yesterday! Hallelujah!

I've seen some major gains in my strength lately. I think a lot has to do with getting enough sleep and having more energy, but I've also been trying to alter my diet in two ways…

1.) Drink more water
2.) Eat more protein

I've added about a 16 oz. glass of water first thing in the morning. I'm not a huge water lover, but I make myself drink it before I can have coffee and that does the trick on my psyche.


This hydration alone helps with my energy at the start of my day. It also helps you...

Get Healthy Skin
Flush Toxins
Reduce Your Risk Of Heart Attack
Cushion And Lube Your Joints And Muscles
Get Energized And Be Alert
Stay Regular
Reduce Your Risk Of Disease And Infection
Regulate Your Body Temperature
Burn More Fat And Build More Muscle
Get Well

A lot of bang for your buck, huh?

The second is to eat more protein is because I have a very vegetable and fruit heavy diet, which is great, but it can be very difficult for someone like me who has trouble building muscle anyway to do so! I've added much more chicken, fish, Greek yogurt, and nut butters into my diet recently to try to build lean muscle!


Not that you'll be seeing me in the gun show anytime soon, but I just wanna build strength!

Although I do love me a good AK47 rifle.
(I don't even know what that is.)

Other eats today included a snck of Greek yogurt, mixed nuts and cantaloupe...


A split lunch..



First round, steamed carrots with butter topped with mashed cauliflower! Second round was consumed on my way to the lake- leftover Greek chicken (this shit is even good cold! It's a mer-a-kle!!) and copious amounts of watermelon!




Hmmm... Chicken and watermelon... No comment.

I then headed north with this in my rearview


I'd say someone was a bit excited to get to the lake :)



Happy as a clam.


 and the Jimmy buffet station on pandora :)

We were thrilled to get there after a long drive, and were welcome by a glass of Pinot Noir. I don't hate it.


Our family spent most of the night on the porch catching up and letting the dogs get all of their energy out, before we headed inside to grill up some chicken!

Evening swim for the gents and ja lady!




A feast of salad, corn on the cobb, and grilled barbeque chicken. Trying to get in as much summer as we can before fall, although I do love everything about fall as you probably know :)

There was much talk of baby as we winded down..


And much potato sacking gently holding the baby.

Guess once you get pass the 1 month mark, things get a little more relaxed…ha!

Wasn't long before our sweet tooth (sweet teeth?) were insatiable and we had to hit up Zesto's for our daily dose of sugar.

I got a banana split that turned into banana soup by the time we got home… Wah-wahhhh….

It is H-O-T this weekend and I'm thrilled that we finally got my dad to turn the air on… 

It will be a restful night's sleep after all...











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.