21.8.12

Weekend at the Lake

After a rough night of Finley puking up a sock on the floor at 4am, nonstop moving around on the bed, and the endless barking, we awoke with tired eyes and the decision to get a training collar in solid our minds.

Geesh.

I needed to run some energy out of this cray cray dog!!

Feels like you're running at an incredible rate Harry!

So, after some clementines and coffee (sounds like a great blog name ;) we headed out for a 5 mile yog.

I ruv yogging.

Fin can't exactly run fast, so we always try to go slower for longer periods of time to wear his butt out. No more waking mommy up at 4am buddy.

Not gruel.

Apples topped with a honey and cinnamon drizzle and PB2 awaited me at home!


Refueling time!

My aunt Kathy came over to see ja bebe! Oh, excuse me, "great aunt Kathy," but she insists it's not because she's one generation ahead, it's because she's just that fantastic of aunt. Which I would have to agree with :)

After some snuggies and cooing over this sweet face,



we headed to what us lake trash call "the Shack" owned by a friend of our family.

I got the chef salad with French and a cup of lobster bisque!


Here are some extra pictures from the boat ride back…

Check out that caboose. Boarding the boat after a pee pee break!
The girls chit-chatting.

Proud grandma smitten with both Myles and Mia.

The ham. Again.

Lovin' baby watching together :)

Oh my. Dad likes fat chicks. No offense mom.



After that, it was time for J and I to hit the ole road once again!


Please feel free to ignore the glistening hair on my legs…

Love when he's conched out.

Don't look at me.


Recognizing familiar smells near our house!

We chatted and laughed the whole time, seems like it's been forever since we spent 3 uninterrupted hours together where we're not chasing the toddler around, doing chores, talking on the phone or eating... I guess this is what retirement is like???

Three hours stat, then Justin had to book it to a basketball game he plays with his co-workers on Sunday nights. So, I took it upon myself to relish the time that Finley was fast asleep from being a devil at the lake, ordered a movie on demand and ate ice cream!

Don't mind if I do! :)



I did have a simple dinner of soup and this beaut before hand though!


I awoke with a fierce need for productivity! I guess a lazy weekend at the lake will do that to you.

On my list:
- Clean the house
- Do laundry
- Grocery shop

Oatmeal with grapes!

Tuna salad made with greek yogurt and cottage cheese!

Greek yogurt with chocolate raspberry Luna bar and PB!

Lettuce wraps and edamame

Sliced frozen bananas with cut up apricot sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar and chocolate chips!

Zucchini muffins!

- whip finleys ass into shape Get responsible training tools for Finley

Also got a training collar that does vibrations, tones, etc. He's gonna hate that even more :)

- Hang pictures/paint to make the colors work!

See how orangey this is?? I love the picture, I found it in my mom's attic, so I did a little transformation to make it work!

Finley was very interested. This was right before he knocked the entire glass of water with paintbrush/paint in it onto the wood floor. Awesome.

Lots of cooking, slicing, baking last night to get food ready for the week! Once I get started, I am usually unstoppable in the kitchen, I just have so much fun after a while!

Today started with a delicious blackberry vanilla smoothie!



and BodyWorks plus abs at the gym. 

I applied for some jobs and then whipped up a treat for lunch!



Steam carrots and grilled "chicken" strips (made with soybeans) topped with garlic mashed cauliflower.

If you haven't tried this before… I know I'm probably preaching this to you for like the third time, but it is an amazing concoction!

Just add a spoonful of each of these ingredients to some steamed cauliflower,


a few shakes of chives, garlic, and salt, and you gotcherself what tastes like a complete comfort food!


I'm spending the rest of the afternoon babysitting for my sweet little nephew, who I believe is pooping right now :)


Chunky monkey!

This thing is a lifesaver.


Then headed to practice for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.