11.8.12

Spoken For.

The past two days have been so summery and wonderful!

Yesterday began with a personal training session I got for free for significant up at my gym! Gotta love that, because it's the only way I will bite the bullet with personal training. Mucho dinero.

We went through my fitness goals which include sculpting muscles and running a few races in the fall. Then the most adorable little cross country runner took me through a workout. She was so darn sweet, pushed me but encouraged me through the whole thing.

It was about 5 or 6 sets of 2 exercises done 2x through each making about a 30 minute workout, which doesn't sound bad, but I think she thought I was a bit tougher than I really am, and upped my weights from what I'm used to.

Before my appointment, I made a breakfast inspired by Julie and Peanut Butter Fingers.



Chocolate cottage cheese made from mixing hot cocoa with fat free cottage cheese, mixed with apples, frozen raspberries, and cocoa dusted almonds.

Hers looked delightful and mine did too, but the taste what not exactly what I was hoping for... I could barely stomach it.

Finley was canoodling me all through breakfast…


And all last night

Pillow talk. Yes he does lay like this in our bed. It's ridiculous.

Never ends.


Sweet but crazy dog, how I love you. But I'm spoken for.

What?!?! Mooommm!!! What was all that one in a million talk?!


After the workout, I was starving and headed home to make a much more delightful lunch!

Same spinach salad as yesterday with some leftover spaghetti squash!

Salad with garbanzo beans, black beans, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, sweet potatoes.

Someone wanted a bite…

The salad filled me up quite a bit so I could only finish about half of the meal, but finished off the rest a few hours later with some Brussels sprouts added!



I spent the rest of the afternoon applying for several jobs before I fell asleep for an amazing and unexpected nap!



You guys know I NEVER take naps! I didn't like them when I was three, and I don't like them now! I also have major FOMO when I nap (fear of missing out for those of you in the dark:) and I can never sleep soundly, but being alone jn a quiet house and staring at a computer screen copying and pasting all day lulled me into a deep sleep on the couch.

Finley does not have FOMO. He rocks at taking naps.

I woke up only to head out to dinner with some friends, Stuart and Sable! I haven't seen Sable in ages as she's a big girl now and doing her med school rotations, which if you haven't heard, takes up quite a bit of time :)

We headed down to fountain square (the hipster capital of the world) for Thai food! Man I love hipsters. And Thai food. The combo was am-ah-zing.

I started with the thom yum soup and ended with gas....err, I mean the Ginger Thai mix with tofu.... It was delightful!



None of us were ready to call it quits so we hit up a new sexy mexi restaurant called Revolucion for a drink!

It was so chilly out last night it felt like fall! It was refreshing and terrifying at he same time. My body forgets how to do cold. Seriously, I am such a sissy. It was 72 and I had on long pants and a blazer.

64 this morning!!!! Notice the 83 temp. I put on in the car… I'm still on Florida temps. 


Indiana in the winter. I'm screwed.


This morning was equally as chilly, so I decided to warm up with a big bowl of something I've been wanting to try for a while... Oatmeal minus the oats! I got this recipe from Tina at Carrots N' Cake

It's a paleo-friendly version of the hot morning goodness that is oatmeal. Now, I'm not into the whole paleo diet thing, but also tend to eat more than a "serving size" of oatmeal when I do eat it, so this protein packed treat was just the thing to warm me up, give me something sweet, and not get sleepy from carb overload!




Finley and I walked down to my sister's, and he played with his cousins while I held this little booger!

Check out those elbow patch. Holy cuteness.

Then we headed to the b-rip farmer's market!

Their produce knocked my socks off!


I took home a good supply of beets, cherry tomatoes, peaches, and zucchini/squash! Plus a luv-er-ly bunch of sunflowers to brighten up my living room!





We basically ate our way through the market testing pestos, tomatoes, and even ice cream! Check out these flavors!


Salted caramel and sage changed my life.

After we had had enough of the outdoors, we walked home, only to be locked out of the house. :(

Finley was so sad.

He was so excited to put our sunflowers in the vase. 

Once Justin came to the rescue, I heated up some brussle sprouts with marinara and hummus and some leftover sweet potato wedges for lunch!


Justin's dad came in town to visit us this weekend, so they've been fixing the cable that Finley somehow managed to chewed through this morning… Now, we're fixing to go have a beer to follow that up!

Hope your Saturday is just a peach!!

:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.