22.8.12

Just a boy and his dog.


Today was just a peach of a summer day!

84 degrees and the sun is a shinin'! I have been feeling on top of the world today, not too sure why…unemployed and all :)

Finley and I took full advantage and made it mostly a play day! Well, sort of…

Yikes, mom. That does not look like play to me.

But we'll get there later…

I finished up last night by polishing off a delicious pasta dish…


In the mix:

Veggie Pasta
Sauteed Red Peppers
Steamed Broccoli
Marinara
Lotso Mozzo!!!

I headed to Pacers practice then, where we learned a brand new dance, layered and did formations for another, and practices bumpers or sidelines as we used to call them, mostly performed during time outs or on the side during the game!

I am such a rookie, it's ridiculous, yesterday it took me literally a half an hour to find where to park, find the employee entrance, and figure out how to get down to the practice court. Gosh, I'm such a Freshman.

We got out of practice about an hour early which was fantastic! I headed home to snuggies with my boys and eat this delicious pear with a side of poop… 


I mean nutella. Plus receive these adorable pictures of my nephew in all of his birthday glory!

He made it one month! But more importantly, Kara and Aaron have made it a full month with a infant, so we're pretty confident they'll make it just fine for the next…oh….18 years or so. :)

Apparently Myles was ok with the first 19 pictures, but after it hit 20… he wasn't so happy...
:)

I awoke the today to breakfast in bed made by my boyfriend...


Oh wait, no… I was dragged out of bed by the never ending barking even though he got me up at 1:30 and 3:30 to go outside. I made breakfast myself.

Oatmeal minus the oats! Topped with:
-Blackberries
-Peanut Butter
-Coconut! 


The morning was all work and no fun for Fin.


Ummmm….. not cool, Mom. WTF.

I spent a good hour, figuring out how to put it together/install batteries, calling the customer service center and everything, and figuring out that Finley didn't even feel levels 1,2, and 3 on tone or vibration!

Of course he didn't. He is such a beast.

We took the beast and his evil nemesis training tool out for a walk seeing if he would mind the collar better than he would mind his mom!

The answer?

Yes. He did. It only took several times of practicing the commands, and I got by with a little help from my friends.

And by friends I mean, bacon.

All it took was a little Flava Flav, my people. Bacon flavor plus a very special collar. Son of a baconator! If I'd known it was this easy, I would have done this 6 months ago.

Why did you let me struggle people?! Only several pairs of underwear, 3 holes in the yard, and one very important cable cord later do I learn of this joyous tool.

Anyway, Finley and I felt like we could conquer the world after that! So, we started with two walks up and down the neighborhood, took a break for lunch (since he threw up his breakfast before all the training even started)…

Turkey lettuce wraps with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, and an avocado/mayo spread I made up

Plus a spinach salad with bleu cheese, tomatoes, almond slivers, and dried cherries topped with a vinagarette!

Lunch followed by workout…

Good, quick high intensity workout if you're short on time! Just slightly repetitive…

Workout followed by deez nutz….



and another blackberry smoothie :)


After smoothie and deez nutz, we continued the adventure to the park! Kara told us about a great little "crick" down the trails at the park, and we decided to go exploring!

Just a boy and his dog.

Dog heaven.

Even more heaven-like!

Waterrrrr!!!

Look ma!!!! Wattterrrr!!!!!


We make the trek back, and he slowly crashed….

Still goin' strong...

Slowin' down...

Annnddd… paralyzed from the neck down.

That was perfectly fine with me, because I ran to Target to exchange lightbulbs (riveting, really)…a jewelry shop to pick up the earrings I need for Pacers, and to Kohl's to try on some running shoes. I am in the market once again as I have had mine for over 100 miles… yeesh.

Any suggestions on good but cheap running shoes?

Once home, I prepared a feast for the fam!

Fitch taycos!!!!

Mango and Avocado salsa with green onions, lime juice, cilantro, and crushed red pepper! It was like buttah.

Tilapia coated with a mixture of:
4 Tbsp almond meal/flour
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp cilantro
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 dashes cajun seasoning

Then fried up!


The creation with an underlay of refried black beans mixed with quinoa.

OMG. You need to recreate this, like yesterday. It was incredible.

As we ate, Finley continued the crash and slept right on his papa's feetsies.
Holy cuteness.

As promised, the new and improved picture for the dining room!

A little paint, and oila! It matches! One woman's trash is another's treasure :)

Two more stealth find from my mom's house went into the kitchen!



After a little window and mirror washing (random after dinner activity, but I was bored and it needed done!)… I am now here, sippin' and a dippin'

and the eyes are a gettin' heavy folks….

Hope you found some adventure in your Wednesday! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.