4.8.12

Chinese Water Polo

Last night, we spent the evening watching sunset, eating pizza outside, laughing at Finley chewing on  Lola's ears, and watching movies!

I gotta say, as much as I'm enjoying watching the olympics, there is no substitute for a good ole' comedy. I finally demanded that my mom watch Best in Show.

This is my favorite scene in the movie.


If you haven't seen it, do me a favor, and slap yourself, then go out and rent it ASAP.

I have to tell ya, watching the Olympics STRESSES ME OUT! You get attached to these stories of these hopeful young 'ns!

Watching them waiting at the starting line, whether it's swimming, track or what not, it makes hold my breath for them. Who saw Missy Franklin kick ARSE last night and set a world record?! She is so so incredible, and 17?!?!?! Really, let's talk about what I was doing as a senior in high school… a whole lot of nothin' but partyin! #Winner.

How cute is she??

Nothin' really makes you feel like a loser more than watching the Olympics on the couch, eating ice cream. Yeesh…..

So far I've caught the gymnasts winning gold (I haven't been that thrilled since the Magnificent Seven, which I may or may not have ordered the video for), several swimming events, volleyball, and my personal favorite- water polo. Favorite because it makes me laugh.

It was China versus someone else (can't remember).

I'm sorry, they play water polo in China??? Did they just take the only 14 people that play in China and make an Olympic team?? So weird.

    Egg rolll!!!!! 
Yowzers. 

Anyway, Fin and I have been doing some Olympic walking ourselves. It is soooo cool that we are within walking distance from both my sister's and my parents house!

In fact, yesterday, we stopped by Kara's to say hi and see Myles' smiles! :)

Are you kidding me with the hoody? Holy cuteness.

We have many sleeping babies around here lately :)
My boys after a crazy night out! They get real wild. Don't even need a sheet.

Finley and I have been lucky to find some awesome running spots in Indy and at the lake!

How pretty is that? A very different pretty from Florida, but I love it because it's home.

After our morning run today, our family had our ritual of morning coffee on the porch. My fav :)


Lola pensively overlooking the water.

Not too shabby a few, huh?


The rest of today was spent coddling Myles, watching other people coddle Myles, seeing how many saying we could come up with his name (Myles'tones, Myles Smiles, I would walk 500 myles, Myles' Bile, and the list goes on)…





I'd say our day pretty much revolved around him (as most other days will I'm sure), as well as some breakfast burritos and sloppy joes that were killer! :) 

Someone's awaiting some scraps...

Ever so patiently now…mom will eventually cave.

Sloppy joes, sloppy sloppy joes yeahhh!!! Mine were mixed with red and green peppers, chick peas, and pickles!

We've been lucky to have some great visitors today though, friends from all around the lake came to play on our newest addition to our family.

Yes, I did say play on, not play with.

World, meet Rita.


Awkward

More awkward.

Really awkward. Classy kids.

Poor innocent Myles has no idea what he's in for with this family.


Anyway, Aaron won her in a sports bet.

She might be the best thing that ever happened to us, DEF. the best thing that ever happened to our dogs!


In other news, I am sooo happy to be back right around the corner from several Patachou's! My favorite little organic brunch place!

Lunch was from there yesterday, a Greek Goddess salad complete with avocado, eggs, maters, shredded chicken, green apple, and goddess dressing!


Whole lotta green and a wee bit of red! Tomato basil to spice things up a bit!


Speaking of spicing things up...I also became official on Thursday night and had to share a preview with you!

Look! There's an actual NBA team on my uniform! CRAZY?!?!? I feel incredibly blessed to be given this opportunity!




Getting ready to go for Mexy food! Hope you're having a great Saturday!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.