23.9.12

Stushi and Jiu Jitsu

Today was seriously a failure all day… 

First yogurt and nanners for breakfast!




I started off all bodypumped and ready to go to BodyPump in the morning. I set the alarm for 8AM so that I could get up north to the gym fed, dressed, and ready to go by 9:30AM. I got there, paid my dues, then waltzed in the gym so excited only to realize that they had changed the schedule for fall and there was no class until 5:30PM. I kindly asked for a refund and sulked out like a big baby.

Fail #1.

Then, I looked up another class, excited to find a BodyWorks class at 11AM. I decided to be productive in the meantime and went to the bank, cleaned out my purse, did the dishes, etc.

When I finally got to the gym at 11AM, me and about 15 other overly eager people had our weights, benches, and mats ready to go when a manager came in to cancel class because they couldn't find a sub. Are jew keeding me?!?!

Fail #2.

So, I completed my own workout, with which I wasn't really satisfied (I never feel like I can push myself as hard as someone else bossing me around)...


But here it is anyway if you're looking for a well rounded weights and sprints workout…
Total Body Weights Circuit with Sprints

5-minute Warm Up/Cool Down
Jog at 5.5 and 1.0% grade for 1 minute

Sprint at 7.5 and 1.0% grade for 45 seconds
Recover at 5.5 and 1.0% grade for 15 seconds

Repeat 3 more times.

Circuit 1 (complete 2x through)
Seated leg press 
90 lbs. 
3 sets of 12

Chin up assists 

80 lbs.
2 sets of 12

Triceps dips assists

80 lbs.

Hip abduction

65 lbs.
3 sets of 12Circuit 2 (complete 2x through)

Hip adduction 

50 lbs
3 sets of12 reps

Glute raise

20 lbs 
2 sets of 12 each leg

Lat pull down

55 lbs. 
12 reps 3 sets

Circuit 3 (complete 2x through)

Abdominals crunch 

55 lbs. 
12 reps 3 sets

Quad extension

55 lbs.
12 reps 3 sets

Obliques twist 

55 lbs.
2 sets of 12 on each side
End with Warm up/Cool Down sprints


I headed home to a bowl full of spaghetti swuassh, steamed broccoli, marinate, and deli turkey slices. No picture, but I think you guys have seen many things like this meal before...

My dad came over and we constructed a plan to get mattresses for the houses today. I found one in Franklin, Indiana, and he found one in Greenwood which is on the way! So, we rented a Uhaul trailer, made appointments with both of our Craig's List sellers, then headed off to what turned out to be yet another clusterfluff.

We stopped in Greenwood first and met this guy at his work- a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/MMA gym. Always a red flag (because I come across so many people with careers in Brazilian cage fighting).



This is our guy right here… :) BTW, I realize MMA is not cage fighting, but I just picture it that way.

Anyway, the mattress looked like it was in good shape so we loaded it up along with the box springs and bed frame, and headed off to the bustling metropolis of Franklin, Indiana.






There she is, right on top… which brings me to the next part of my story…

When we got there we were led to the barn where, when I questioned if they had animals, they replied, "Yep, we got cats. And mice." Which obviously explains the need for a barn. Quality livestock, folks, quality livestock.



the barn. 


We loaded up our new king only to realize that the mattress we had gotten in Greenwood was about half the size of a real king. 


We'd been jiu jitsued! 

It was a queen!

Luckily, the Franklin folk had a whole back room in their barn dedicated to mattresses (who doesn't?)... So we bought another real king while we were there for my dad, and after much mattress stacking (we could have rented out this uhual for a Princess and the Pea production)... were able to return the supposed king back to the cage fighter. What IS this day?

Not to mention, we had cancelled an earlier trip to Bedford (haga bedford for our bed) Indiana for a different mattress set on account of rain. I mean, for God's sake, can't a ninja just get a place to sleep around here?!

It was pouring down rain when we finally were back and ready to bring the mattresses inside so Aaron, my dad, and Stuart somehow managed to jimmy rig the mattresses into the houses without too much rain/mud on them.

Was it all worth it for an 80 dollar deal on a king mattress???? Jury's still out on that one.

The rest of my night consisted of a sushi date with Stu (stushi??)!!! Around 8PM, we headed to a place up at Castleton called Wasabi. WWWAAASSSAAABBBIIIII!!!! Remember that??

We sat at the sushi bar and actually got to watch then make our meal right in front of us! Mmmmm there's nothing better than fresh sushi!! 





There are better things however than sitting in front of a slab of raw pink fish while you're eating.

I suppose it looks a lot more appetizing when that big slab is cut into smaller slabs and every so delicately placed on my plate :)

We headed back to my house for a bit of catching up and life chatting, then I was in bed with 69 50 shades of Gray round 2 by 11:30AM!

So I guess the day had some successes indeed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.