30.9.12

5k PR!

Saturday came bright and early. We had a race to run!!!

Einstein's fruit salad for b-fast!


Justin signed me up for his 5k team for his company's corporate challenge. There were about 6,000 participants
And 125 companies attending!






It was a brisk morning, but it must have pushed me to go faster because I finished in just over 24:13 and averaged just over 8 minutes per mile!

It was a huge competition that people took wayyy more seriously than we did, but we stuck around to watch the rest of the events. There was a CrossFit challenge, all kinds of relays and races, and a tug of war that Justin's company rocked out!

Afterwards we headed to the RAM downtown to get some post race grub! I had a bunch of appetizers including chips and cheese, quesadillas, and potato skins! Yikes!

I only had room for a salad after all that.





We headed home, and I did a few last minute preparations for the photoshoot tomorrow, then Stuart and Hank came over to play!











Stuart serenaded me on the guitar for a while, he is getting SO good! You go girl :)

We headed out for a walk with the dogs, and I showed him my parents house 1/2 a mile away, then we walked to my sisters to see them, but they weren't home, so we ate their food, drank their beer and sat in their back yard while the dogs ran a muck!

We headed back, did some further serrenading before heading to Three Sisters in the rip for din-din/ breakfast!

I had the most random dinner of Tomato vegetable soup, porridge, and fruit. 







It hit not just THE spot but all my spots!


That came out wrong. Ummm.. Anyway, we had lots of table talk there before heading home and pretty much straight to bed because I had a 6am wake up call! Photo shoot time!!!!!


Getting our beauty sleep! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.