30.9.12

Light as a feather, stiff as a board

Thursday

I started this morning out with an attack!!!!

BodyAttack that is :) I'm hilarious, I know.

This is my favorite class of all time. Now that I have a job, the only one I can really make is on Saturday mornings, and we all know how that good intention ends...

So, BodyAttack, I will miss you. But my legs won't. Not even a little bit. As a matter of fact, my legs aren't huge fans of you and the way you beat them into submission every Thursday morning. Wish me luck with my intentions next Saturday!

Breakfast was a quick bowl o' bananas, Protein Special K, and almond milk!



A walk with my buddy followed! Finley and I have been reading on our walks. 

More me than him I suppose, although we're working on that. So far, the only words he's got are rough, bark, growl, and something like gggrrrrmmmmooowwwwaaaarrrggggmmm. 

He's really good at that one, whilst rolling around on the floor.

Reading seriously makes the walks go so much faster and makes it easier for me to walk him further without getting bored to tears.

Lunch was eaten romantically by myself by candlelight. The last of my delicious butternut squash and kale soup!



 


Wah wahhhh.

Afternoon was spent SUPER organizing my life. Calendars, closets, lunch boxes, car, anything you can think of. I suppose you could say I'm nesting for my "job baby".

Is that weird??

Don't answer that.

Anyway, after life organization and watching the Modern Family premiere (didn't you love the animals humping on top of the car??!??!?!? I peed myself laughed a lot in that part), I headed to another grueling practice.

We learned yet ANOTHER awesome dance (they just keep coming!!) and prepped for our photo shoot on Sunday. I promise a few pics from that, should be a blast! And keep your fingers crossed that I dont look like a drag queen at the end of all that hair and makeup! Yikes.

Late dinner of an awesome stir fry mix from Trader Joe's…



Bedtime was a mess. When I get home from practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays, usually Justin is already in bed, and sometimes with Finley (no homo). It's so hard to fall asleep when there's already a vast amount of snoring/heavy breathing going on. Not to mention, a 60 lb animal who thinks it's really fun to lay RIGHT on top of you.

I love you too, Fin, but mommy does not a pillow make! Needless to say, I'd had it when at about 1AM Finley started snoring too. Are you kidding me kids?!? Oh em gee.

Thank God for the new mattress downstairs. I headed down at about 1:30, only to be followed by my 60 lb friend 15 minutes later. I love being a mom except in moments like this where you would be heartless to lock them out, despite how much you don't want them to follow you. So being the softy that I am, I caved and we cuddled the rest of the night. Snoring, sleeplessness, and all.

Friday was full of even more organizing and finishing up the house (yes there's STILL plenty to be done even after 3 months of living here)...

But first!! Paleo oats with PB2 and figs!!



It fueled me until a late 2:30 lunch!

Along with a snack of carrots and this dip I found at Trader Joe's.



This place is quickly living up to all the hype.

My dad and I spent the morning hanging curtains in our house. I watched and applauded him every once in a while assisted.

I hit BodyWorks and Target a little later for nothing necessary some necessities And by the time I came home he was about done!!








Curtains just add a certain warmth to a house that nothing else can!

I also got my replacement iPhone (I dropped mine and the screen cracked and went fuzzy. Not to mention it never holding a charge for more than a few hours. Hallelujah I needed a new one!

Luckily, I have insurance and one was delivered to my doorstep the next day! Except I spent about an hour and a half trying to figure out how to sync it with my computer.

We filled our bellies at a local Indian restaurant in B-rip! My plate was ssssooo colorful!!!

Buffet looks something like this…

Spent some more time organizing... This time the Pacers closet was my victim!!


Ahhhh, much better.


When Justin came home, we spent some quality time, then headed out on the town with the fam!

We went out to OceanAire to celebrate my new employment and my Aunt Stevie being in town!



What a beautiful restaurant!

Oyster snow cone anyone? Vomit.


I split the mixed greens salad and the sole with capers! 




We also split the sides of green beans and bacon and cheese potatoes! Merica!

After dinner, I giggled with my mom the entire way home. Mostly about her tendency to have one CD in her car for a good year and a half before changing it. Some of her previous selections have been Mary Chapin Carpenter (just a treat).. The Dixie Chix (ok, I didn't hate this phase)... And last but not least Kenny Loggins. But not even the whole CD. JUST the Pooh Corner song. You know, Christopher Robbin.

Found here.

Oh my.Couldn't do it.

After getting a few belly laughs in, we got just a few more in when Finely decided to have a night of middle school games. Light as a feather, stiff as a board, anyone????



He had the stiff as a board part fine, it was the light as a feather that he's still working on. You'll get there, buddy, you'll get there.

And I'll leave you with that.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh!!! I remember pooh corner!!! hahahahhaa... tell karen i miss her... and christopher robin.

    And brittany...an ENTIRE pacers CLOSET??? yikes.

    miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.