10.9.12

Bad Blogger! Bad, Bad Blogger!


I know, you can say it. I'm a bad blogger. A bad, bad blogger! I know, you're mad at me. Let's talk. We work this out.

It's been almost a week and a half since my last post. Don't worry, I have plenty of good excuses.

1.) We got to entertain a house full of people all of Labor Day Weekend- this brings up the question, am I allowed to sing the Labor Day praises when I'm not exactly laboring?


This guy's the one that's a laborin'! 

Oh wait, no, he's the one that's been laying around the house all day in a pool of his own slobber. What a loser. If you have a slacker dog on your hands like me, I highly suggest this sophisticated training tool I've used with Finley to get his ass a movin'. 




Nothing works as well as mockery and verbal humiliation. I just wish I'd named Finley Walter.


He maybe "special" but at least he's happy.


This is for your own good you brainless sack of excrement.

See, it's working already :)

Labor day included such exquisite activities as the Lake Fantasy Football draft. Welp there goes my boyfriend for the next 6 months.
Don't you love how my dad insisted on writing everything out by hand, even though the point of an online draft is that it does everything for you. I'm surprised he didn't make a power point presentation. "Now everyone, turn to page 3 for my analysis and graphs on potential line backers." Love you dad.

Other pics from the weekend…











I also have to show you guys this picture I took of Kara and Myles during Labor Day. It's maybe my favorite ever :)



And up close :) Precious.


2.) I learned how to ski.
SCORE!! After 25 years of failed attempts, I finally showed those skis who's boss.



3.) Other activities included tubing twice! And jet skiing!!! Score! Oh yeah, and drinking…a lot.

4.) I am making all sorts of job connections! Check out my office :)









5.) I forgot how to pass a driving test. Yikes.



6.) I have been mentally preparing to turn 25. Quarter of a century is a big step folks.

7.) I said goodbye to the lake until next summer.




This early time of morning is my favorite on the lake.





8.) I drove to New Orleans to celebrate my friend Allie's bachelorette party!

Pictures from the looonnggg drive (much longer on the way back than on the way there…wonder why that is?? Oh yeah, because I had 3 quarts of alcohol sloshing around in my belly on the way back. Gross)








After that, not many pictures made it out alive from NOLA. Here's the few salvaged.

Glow sticks.

Then things started getting blurry.

Real blurry girl. Real blurry.

Bourbon street.




We will miss you Steve. Can't wait to see you at Whitney's wedding.

All I know is that I have bruises from beads hitting me in the head, I saw sweatpants belted for the first time (but definitely not the last), I've been having bad dreams about a heavily tattooed mermaid stripper named Big Daddy, and my bag contains a half empty tube of Astroglide.

Don't judge me.
I bet this little guy could tell me what happened.

A few videos survived the massacre as well.



Remember those belted sweats I talked about???


I did manage to come home with some quality souvenirs though.
Obviously high quality. Also contains a matching visor. You're welcome Myles, you're welcome.

Ok, I didn't buy this, but if I was a Saints fan it would have been in my bag in a matter of seconds.

And no trip would be complete without this really awkward shirt I thought would be great to buy Justin.
Why you ask? Because we went shopping AFTER the bars on Saturday. That's why my souveniers are so awesome. Also not pictured a string of beads with smiling peni (plural for penis).


The one thing I do remember about this trip...

Gumbo and red beans and rice?! Yes please!


9.) I've been cookin' up a storm!

































Ok, so I didn't cook half of these, but you know what it would be like if I did! :)


10.) And last excuse- I was just really, really lazy!

#SorryI'mNotSorry

Ok, I'm sorry for actually partaking in that hashtag, but it just fit so well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.