21.4.12

Learning with Funley

This week has brought MUCH fun and MUCH learning. Did I ever mention how much I love both of these things? Well… it's a lot.

Except learning from mistakes. I don't like that much. I seem to be doing it a lot. I don't like that either.

Anywaysssssss….

Things that were fun this week:

Taking Finley down to my parents house to meet some extended family for the first time including such activities as:

Finley's first swimming lesson.



Finley's first day on the beach.





Seeing Finley dream for the first time. He sticks his tongue out like he's special :)



Going out for drinks with Justin and friends (complete with mini corndogs :)

Spending some time with Target team members and learning what incredible people they are, little by little. Today, I spent lunch talking to an older backroom team member about his dog Maggie. He saved her 10 years ago after her owner died and she was put on this woman's back porch. Maggie is this man's life and he would do anything for that dog. I get to hear stories like this everyday and it makes leading my team that much more of an honor.

I got feedback this week that I was making an impact on my store in a profound way. That means more than anything!

Things that I had to learn this week (the hard way):

Finley eats through cords.

Finley eats car seats.

Finley eats flowers.

Finley eats mulch.

Finley eats EVERYTHING.

On a more serious note…

Other things I learned the hard way:

Never put someone who's being evicted from their house on a corrective action unless you want them to cry in your office. I felt awesome about that one.

New hires can turn out to be convicted felons.

Bounty hunters can show up at work to arrest a new team member who has a warrant out for his arrest. "cool"

Group Merchandise Leader (big wig), can show up for unannounced visits even on a Saturday. Even at 4 in the afternoon. Even if you're Leader on Duty. Even if your store is a hot mess at the moment.

Never call Target corpo to get help with a problem return like you're supposed to. They are NOT helpful. Especially when you've got 40 people in line glaring at you.

Don't forget about a team member when they ask you to do something for them (even though 120 other people are asking for your attention as well). You will lose credibility.

Being a grownup has big wins and big let downs. Seems as though everything is magnified because you have so much riding on your shoulders. Here are some recent pictures of one of the faces that keeps me uplifted during the trying times.

Exploring the dock. He's starting to look like a real live DOG!

Beach boy.

OMG, this one makes my heart drop. I adore this little peanut fluff.

Beheading. That's what we do when he misbehaves.

He looks like he would talk like Nemo in this picture. "Dadddd!!! Daddd!!! where are you daddd???"

Seepies with his kills of the day.

Peanut getting ready in the shower with me…

And this is what I've been eating to keep me going through all this learning and fun!

Quinoa, tofu and veggies…cuties and Sierra Mist!

Lowfat cottage cheese with apricot jelly and overripe nanner!



Tonight's dinner was very veggerific. Spinach salad with feta cheese, garbanzos, and black beans. Veggie pizza bowl with green beans, spinach, green peppers, cauliflower, marinara sauce, and cheese.


Mmmmmm….

Hope your weekend is going well! I'm spending mine working and hanging out with my little family!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Loved this! I can't wait to see you and finally meet Finley!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.