5.4.12

Sir Finigus.

Well, hiiiii!!!!!!!
I'm Finley! Finley Oliver/Hoosier (undecided) Adams. Pleased to meet cha! :)

We headed to pick up this little munchkin at 6AM this morning and met the breeders in Kissimmee. We were sooooo excited and soooo nervous! We were becoming parents for the first time!

So, obviously, we needed a breakfast of champions.

McDonalds. Or M.C. Donalds (the classy version) as Justin accidentally said it this morning. That had me rolling to tears.

Then we were off to meet him, and boy was he so excited to meet us too!




I had no idea how it would feel. I am the proudest mama that ever lived. I just feel like my heart is in my stomach today. I cannot stop smiling. I can't even imagine the day I have my first baby if I'm like this over my first puppy! He is soooooo sweet and he loves kisses like no other! He's very submissive like Jackson, luckily the breeder gave him a great start and he already just rolls over and lets you do whatever you want, even check his teeth and claws! Plus, he is already learning how to sit! Smarty pants! He gets it from his mom :)

Of course after the excitement of meeting your mom and dad for the first time comes the crash.

Aw, look at his sweet little face.

Our new little family!!! :) :) :) 

What a sweet little babe!

Got our treats, vitamins, flee brush, water pale, AKC papers, and we're ready to take him home!

And off we gggoooo!!!


Wow, mom what's all this?!?

I'm having so much fun! cars and bags and a new family all in one day?!

Uh oh, too much excitement again.

snuggies.

Finny ti ti.

He was feeling very Martha's Vineyard today apparently :)

Back to the bag…. he loves it.

When we got to Tampa, we got to explore the whole house! We had wayyy too much fun. He was fascinated with mirrors (adorable), electrical cords (not so cute), the refrigerator (we knew he was a fat kid at heart), and eating plants and dirt (cute but not exactly convenient). It's definitely our old lab Bailey reincarnated (I was hoping it was) because he tried to climb into the dishwasher (Bailey used to do that as a puppy). He's been playing and napping with mommy all day waiting for daddy to come back home. We even had lunch together :)

So far, he's only peed once inside and twice outside and pooped once on accident inside and starting to squat inside, then I took him outside and he pooped right away, so I rewarded him and hopefully we're on the right track now! I'll give him a free pass on the first day :) Only because he's the sweetest and smartest dog I've ever met. Seriously, I'm not just saying that.

ooo ja baby doggg!!

He found a favorite place under our table. This is his third nap here today believe it or not.


Oh the life of a lab.

I'm in love.



Labrador love,
Brittany, Justin, and Finley



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.