12.4.12

Who knew?

Why did I never know this?!

Sure they told me, you'll feel like you have a child.

You'll want to spend every minute with your baby.

You'll be more overjoyed with his wins than your own.

You'll be more frustrated about his roadblocks than your own.

He will take every extra ounce of energy, patience, and love that you have.


Phew. Isn't that the truth!


I mean c'mon. Get a load of this kid. He's can be kind of persuasive.

The baby dog tried to get in the shower with me like 8 times on Tuesday, after he let me get about….oh maybe 4 hours of straight sleep. That's why he's so wet.

Believe me, I wish I could have let him, but his wittle sensitive stomache can't handle the city water yet (thus the two days of diarrhea poor Justin had to clean up twice last week…#Dadoftheyear).

I LOVE the men in my life. How cute are they? 


Oh yeah, and then there's the biting…the constant biting. More me than Justin… we can't figure out why, I think my voice may be higher and get him excited and playful??

I don't know, but so far today, I've been scratched in the face, bitten more times on the hand than I can count, had pee all over me from carrying him outside when he was trying to pee in the house, oh yeah and then there's the mess of newspaper he ripped up today.

Did I mention he would test our patience more than anything???

Isn't there a manual for this?? Oh ya, there's hundreds.

Aw crap.

Listen, don't get me wrong, I adore this dog, but wow. I don't think I was prepared for this!

My tricks of the trade:

1.) Treats, treats, and more treats. Positive reinforcement has proven to be wayyy effective. Especially when training tricks.
2.) Toys, toys, and more toys. They are great for after you say no when he's chewing on something he's not supposed to be…. reprimand then distract and give him something he can chew on, like my sister suggested.
3.) My voice. The biting has gotten a bit better, just from me saying "Ouch" really loudly when he bites. This comes from the idea that with his litter mates, playtime was over when one puppy yelped. He seems to really be receptive to that.
4.) Good old fashioned love and friendship. As much as we're trying to train him to be a good, well-trained dog, there are many moments, we have to remind ourselves just to relax and laugh at his puppy antics. He is mischievous, endlessly curious, excited, and pure joy all rolled into one.

We have so much freakin fun together though… like today, we did some morning time playing, some learning about puppy training….

This was hilarious, because while I was watching videos online (which all had the same opening song), every time he got sooo excited and curious about this song..


Then, we ate lunch together,




Fat kid!!!!!

And obviously found time to squeeze in a nap together with Lavern the lamb.

I'm absolutely in love with this picture of him.


We took his very first walk which was pretty much me following him around and pulling him away from all the stuff he wanted to eat. He was so excited about the new places though!

Then, daddy came home and I made all of us chicken with snap peas, green peppers, and sweet potatoes topped with sauce of your choice! I chose first serving with BBQ second serving with Tikki Masala sauce :)

It's been a big day for us.

He's all passed out again. Munchkin pants.

I have been trying to get back to some of my normal routines and have had some fun in the kitchen and gym this week (it has been soooo hard to keep doing both with a full time job, new house, and new puppy). BTW, the sink and dishwasher broke again…"yay"

Anywayyy… here's some of my eats lately!

Quinoa pancakes made with quinoa, egg whites, almond milk, bananas and topped with cinnamon, greek yogurt, and even more nanners!

Spinach salad with carrots, black beans, garbanzos, cherry tomatoes, celery, rosemary, S+P, and olive oil.

Smoothie with fresh berries, half a banana, almond milk, greek yogurt, spinach, and chocolate protein powder. Topped with coconut, PB2 (powdered peanut butter), banana chocolate chip VitaTop, and cinnamon pecan special K. Great start to my morning!

After finding an article in Self that was really inspiring, I've been trying to incorporate more "super foods" into my diet lately including:
  • Edamame
  • Wild Salmon
  • Quinoa
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Apples (yayyyy, it made the list!!!)
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Kiwi
  • Lentils
  • Olive Oil
  • Eggs
I've added spinach to that list on my own. Spinach was one of those super foods that always majorly intimidated me because it was soooo….hmmm… how do I put this?

Like eating leaves?

Oh wait. That's exactly what it is…

But still, don't be afraid of it! Ripped up and tossed with plenty of other crunchy vegetables, beans, quinoa, and olive oil and you've got yourself a delicious mix! Ppppppaaaaarrrromise!!!!

Happy Thursday! Only one more day of work, then the weekend!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.