2.4.12

All in a day's work.

Welllllll, Monday morning started out bright and early at 5:15 when I told myself I'd sneak in a workout before work.

Hmmm… we all know how that ended up…Let's just say my biceps really got worked hitting the snooze button over and over and over again….



Right…..

So, my day started at 6 instead with a refreshing shower (I actually shaved my legs today..yeah, today is THAT important).

Not really, but my leg hairs were starting to become makeshift pants. Did I just say that out loud?

Whole new meaning to the words "sexy pants."

Anywayysssss…

I grabbed an apples bowl with yogurt, nuts, whipped cream, grapes, and carfee and headed to a full day of work!

I started the day with a brand walk of my area with my boss. Walked away with a list about a mile and a half long of stuff my team leaders and I need to be doing. Yeesh.



GOOD MARNIN'!!!

After that, I met with my Starbucks Team Leader to go over what she was finding in her Values Walks that she's supposed to be doing everyday for her department to evaluate her business.

Yes, part of my job is to conduct Starbucks coffee tastings for my team leaders to be able to speak to the products and drive sales :) You're jealous. I know.


Then, I met with my Guest Services Team Leader to loop her in on the brand walk and what opportunities we have up front to improve our service and presentation for our guests. I covered for her while she did an interview for a cashier, and boy oh boy am I glad I don't have her job!



It's like everyone needs a piece of you at the same time! And not in a good way :)

Oh wait. My job's like that too.

Aw crap.

I got to do an interview for a cashier, and even though the person was a no go, I LOVE doing interviews!! Maybe it's the pageant girl in me, but I love hearing people's answers and how they "market" themselves.

And dead sexy. :)


A quick lunch stuffed down followed by printing and analyzing all of my reports before our Executive meeting.

I just needed to be right on Target for the meeting. Tehe. 


The meetings tend to be pretty lengthy and typically last the rest of the afternoon. This meeting was no exception, as we were in there from 2PM until 4:30.

We go over all kinds of information from payroll hours allocated to our department, rollouts from corporate that we get to execute, talent management, sales by department and what we can do to control expenses and drive sales, ideas to engage our employees, and we have a little fun in there too :)

See how we all smile and don't move our heads the whole meeting? We're so good.


I love the people that I work with for the most part, thank goodness!

I got to end my day by putting a team member on a final warning for cussing another team member out :)

Oh joy. All in a day.

After all that whirlwind, I needed an outlet!

I drove home, stuffed down a salad with spinach, kidney beans, carrots, celery, croutons, and rosemary,




and headed to the gym to take an awesome cycling class called RPM.

Errr…what if you really did steal it???? Is that a problem??


I recently switched gyms and my new on has this as an offering. It is all choreographed cycling from the same company (Les Mills) that choreographs BodyPump, which I LOVE!!!

The class is a KILLER. Seriously, don't take it unless you are or desire to be a pure beast. But, it does burn any where from 400-800 calories per class depending on how hard you are willing to push yourself.

So, obviously, I had to gain it all back. Now, I'm plopped down on the couch while Justin's at soccer indulging in cookies n' cream ice cream…

with grapes, so it's healthy…right?


and Dancing with the Stars!

Pure luxury. Or at least as good as I can do on a random Monday night.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.