7.4.12

Muthahood.

I'm so hood. Muthahood that is.



Holy moly being a mom can be exhausting! And exciting! and fun! and a pain in the butt all at the same time!

Why did nobody tell me?


Oh wait…EVERYBODY told me. You just don't get it until it's your own "child."

We've spent the past few days with every ounce of our energy and attention spent on getting our little baby dog a good, solid start in his new home.




In order to prevent chewing/peeing/pooping/choking/anything we basically have to watch him every minute! It really is like a toddler. And he's SO interesting in EVERYTHING!

Yet, it's soooo adorable.


He's got that little awkward puppy gallop, and playful puppy pounce, and nostalgic puppy breath. He's probably my favorite thing that's ever happened :)

So, we've been really trying to channel the dog whisperer and use the "cchhh" method. He definitely knows that "cchh" means he better watch it, and if he keeps it up, he will get grabbed in the scruff (we figured that was most like his other mom would handle it and she's a pretty rad bitch.

We're learning :)



It's hard not to feel like you're disciplining all the time, but it's really necessary for him to know who's boss the first week. No worries, we have been giving him PLENTY of lovin'.


So deprived.


Plenty of treats, plenty of belly rubs, and praise. Believe me, the baby is spoiled. As it should be, as long as he minds us.

He's even allowed on the couch, but only when we invite him.

Aunt Kara even sent us an ENTIRE BOX full of toys! We were soooo excited! But we're saving some of them, right Finn???






My past few days have been spent working about 6AM to 4PM, then coming home and spending every ounce of energy on Finley and giving him all he needs. Food, cuddles, water, play, poop, nap, repeat. Nights are pretty low key, as I hate leaving my baby even if to run out and grab some food, so I've been cooking a lot.

Finn loves being in the kitchen with me. His two favorite things right now are laying right in the refrigerator when it's opened even if only for a second and also trying to climb in the dishwasher. Dishes are def. his favorite chore.

He's a regular Martha Stewart.


He's also a regular tard. He's seriously such a weird, I love it. He loves to stick his head fully into Justin's smelly old tennis shoes.



Seriously Sir Finigus?



Yep. He LOVES those things. What a weirdo!!


He also loves to lay on the table.


He definitely is a fan of eating plants and dirt. Which is a challenge since our backyard has not one bit of grass in it, but is allllll leaves and dirt. So, that's cool to be pulling leaves out of his mouth every two seconds and putting  toy in it instead.





But I have to admit, he looks unbelievably adorable with dirt all over his snout. I wish I could say the same about Justin.

And on my final note, in honor of Finn making me belly laugh because of his antics, here is a video my friend Sophi (blowphi) shared with me!




Now it's time to get to bed, because it's my turn to let the little man out every waking hour tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.