1.4.12

Tots

Well, Saturday morning began with a toilet clogging, a colony of ants in my kitchen, and a broken sink.

Oh how quickly our dream house has transformed to our house from hell! :) Just kidding…kind of...

Not to mention dryer that broke a week ago when I had a huge load in the washer. Haha, I just said huge load….

Anyway, needless to say, I could not wait to get out of our 100-year-old house and into my parents nice, new one where everything works how it's supposed to!

It certainly takes me right back to college having to lug all of my laundry down to my parents house for the weekend. Too bad my house in college worked better than the one I live in now! Ha! Yeesh.

My empathetic mother met me at the door with a hug and a bloody mary. The two things that always cure problems in our family.

Love and support comes in many forms...especially liquid. <-- TWSS

My mam (how us northerners say mom) made us sloppy joes, sloppy sloppy joes yaaaa!!! Salad and tots. Yes, I did stuff some tots in my pocket for later.

This is me and my snakeskin cargos. I don't go anywhere without em.

I then headed out to the betch with my mama for some chatting and good old fashioned indulgence.

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

Nuff said.

The rest of the night was filled with movie time/basketball time for the guys and snuggies!

Us girls watched Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. 

It was extremely good and incredibly emotional. For those of you who haven't seen it, it's a tearjerker of a story about 9/11 from the perspective of a little boy who lost his dad that day. Get the Kleenex ready though, holy guacamole!!!

Sunday

You know you had a good sleep when you wake up with drool on your pillow and a dry mouth from it hanging open all night. 

After packing a solid 11 hours of much needed sleep, I headed out to the beach for morning animal watching, coffee drinking, and book reading with my dad!

See him out there all by his lonesome on the beach?

I started reading this book my mom gave me, but I can hardly sit still to finish it :)

Carfee.

As Justin said this morning, "Another beautiful day in Florida."

Check out my mom's bougainvilleas! Or as I call them boogervilleas.

After getting my fill of coffee and ocean, I headed in to make the fam some breakfast smoothies complete with spinach (my secret ingredient), blueberries, dark cherries, other mixed fruit, milk, and yogurt.

Delish!!

Then, we headed out on the boat for an afternoon of gallivanting. And look who gallivanted with us!!!!…..


It's one!

No two dolphins!!!!

And that's not all folks.







Alright folks, keep your arms and feet inside the vehicle at all times!!

Speaking of feet, my parents put this adorable little bucket at the screen door because we have real sand on our beach now!!



All that excitement was complimented by a delicious meal on the water at Pop's...

Mango shrimp, steamed veggies, and edamame salad.

And this was the result of all that sunshine, food, and excitement, this is what all of us looked like...

Sorry dad, I had to.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.