1.11.11

What did the skeleton say to the bartender?

 I'll have two beers and a mop...

Har-dee-har-har


Apparently, I was wayyyy too excited for Halloween to start.

I've woke up at 4:45.

Not ok.

Although, I did wake up to a very appropriate rainy, eerie, and freezing Halloween morning which was super conducive to this Halloweeny breakfast:

If you don't eat candy for breakfast on Halloween, we're not friends.


Overnight Oats are some of the most fluffy, comfy, warm and delicious foods I can think of. I also had some peppermint tea. Note to self- peppermint and pumpkin do not go well together (guess that's why they have separate seasons).

Overnight Oats
Mix equal parts oatmeal with equal parts two other liquids (or you can use double of the same liquid) and put it in the fridge to soak up the liquid and flavor overnight.

For example, last night I mixed 1/4 C Oats with 1/4 C water and 1/4 C almond milk (you can also do 1/2 C. or 1/3 C. equal parts oats and liquid) w/ a splash of vanilla extract, cinammon, andddd... you guessed it! Pumpkin!

In the morning, I added apple chunks, flaxseeds (for a nutty flavor and omega 3's), and candy corn (b/c what's Halloween breakfast without candy?!)

After my belly was full, I fell back asleep for an hour before doing anything headed straight to the gym to do this 45-minute treadmill workout:

45-MINUTE TREADMILL WORKOUT

Burn up to 450 calories walking or 550 calories running with this 45-minute treadmill workout from Jeanette Soloma at Crunch Fitness. You’ll mix up the inclines and speed to increase your heart rate and sculpt legs and butt.

Minutes
Walk
mph/incline
Run
mph/incline
RPE
0:00-5:00
3-3.5 / 1%
3.5-4.5 / 1%
4-5

5:00-7:00
4 / 3%
5.5 / 2%
6

7:00-9:00
4 / 5%
5.5 / 3%
6-7

9:00-11:00
4 / 7%
5.5 / 4%
7

11:00-16:00
3.5 / 10%
5 / 6%
8-9

16:00-21:00
3.5 / 8%
6 / 3%
8

21:00-22:00
4.0 / 4%
5.5 / 2%
6

22:00-23:00
4.5-4.8 / 4%
7 / 2%
8

23:00-24:00
4.0 / 4%
5.5 / 2%
6

24:00-25:00
4.5-4.8 / 4%
7 / 2%
8

25:00-26:00
4.0 / 4%
5.5 / 2%
6

26:00-27:00
4.5-4.8 / 4%
7 / 2%
8

27:00-29:00
3.5 / 10%
5 / 8%
9

29:00-31:00
3.6 / 8%
5.2 / 6%
8

31:00-33:00
3.7 / 6%
5.4 / 4%
7

33:00-35:00
3.8 / 4%
5.6 / 2%
7

35:00-38:00
4.5 / 2%
6.5 / 2%
8

38:00-40:00
4.0 / 2%
5.5 / 2%
6

40:00-45:00
3.5-3 / 1%
4.5-3.5 / 1%
4-5



This workout was great because it gives you the option of walking or running. I know a lot of people are weery about jumping into running if they're just starting, so the walking one is a perfect option!

I was Shweddy Balls afterwards though...they actually named the ice cream after me. It was one of my prouder moments.




For those of you who have never heard of RPE, it means Rate of Perceived Exertion. Basically, this  is how hard you feel like you're working. So, if 10 is the hardest you can ever go, and you just finished a spin class that really tested your endurance, and you're huffing and puffing but don't feel like you wanna die, you might be at a 7 or 8.

Then, I headed to BODYPUMP just to scare myself. My triceps are already afraid of next week's class. About Bodypump:
http://www.lesmills.com/global/bodypump/about-bodypump.aspx

Pump, pump it up, pump the jam, keep this base a bumpin...???  90's anyone? 


I was starvinggg and freezing after being out in the rain, so I took a longgg hot shower (I know, weird right?) and then made another round of tuna and cottage cheese salad followed by hot chocolate obviously, because those two "go so well together".




This time it was a bit more crunchy because I was out of summer squash, so I added celery, carrots, and green peppers. Veggie-licious (I'm so gay).I just love the taste of the cajun seasoning with the cream your jeans cottage cheese though, highly suggest this recipe!

I did some MAJOR studying today in my sweet IU snuggie

Teach me how to snuggie, teach me, teach me how to snuggie.


For relz though, it's getting down to the wire in terms of skewl. I can't believe I'm graduating in December with a master's degree!! It sounds so cool and grown up, but you don't think about it when you're in the grind of it all :)

To top it all off,  I found 5 bucks in my pocket on the way to class. Hells to the ya.



F betches. Get money.

Ok, now to get serial for a moment....

Thought of the day- Don't take anything personally.
I took a few things personally today from people and let it ruin my evening. Anytime you start to get upset because of what someone did or said even if it's directed to you, remember, most likely it's not about you. It could be how that person is feeling at the time (insecure, disappointed, angry, etc) or could be a number of different things, but 99% of the time, it has nothing to do with you, so don't waste your time getting emotional about it! The book The Four Agreements has an amazing outlook on this principle. It says "Thinking people's actions and words are always about you is one of the most self-centered ways of thinking." If you haven't read it..... you need to!


Dinner tonight was delish!


Pumpkin Garlic Pasta (adapted from Treble in the Kitchen and Hungry Girl)


Ingredients
  • 2 Packages of House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles (I used 1 fettucini and 1 spaghetti, fettucini is way better)
  • 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese/weight watchers swiss cheese wedge
  • 1/2 cup milk (you can use plain soy milk or lowfat dairy milk)
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (you can use more of this to thicken it up)
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth or boullion (1 would use 1/4 C if I made it again)
  • 1/4 cup finely diced onions
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup peas
Preparation:
When using Shirataki Tofu Noodles, they have a certain order when they are first opened.  Rinse and drain the noodles.  Place in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 2-3.  After microwaving, squeeze all of the excess liquid out of the noodles with paper towels.


In a smaller bowl combine the milk, pumpkin, garlic powder, salt and pepper and set to the side.


In a smaller sauce pan, heat the chicken broth, onions, garlic, and cheese wedge.  Wait 2-4 minutes for the broth to mostly evaporate.  Cook a little longer until the onions and garlic are slightly browned.  Once browned, add in the pumpkin and milk mixture to the onion and garlic.  Stir and thoroughly combine.
Add noodles and peas.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.


Brrrraaaiiinnnssss and eye balls for dinner!!!!!!1

A lil brocc-o-li on the side!

It was a bit runny and a lot garlicky, so I would suggest halving the garlic, using less chicken broth, and using a bit more pumpkin. The noodles were a hit though, and they are made of tofu! How cool is that? They are a great substitute for starchy noodles if you're tyrin to up the protein in your diet.


I got new BOOts recently and wanted to share- DSW 60 bucks. They are both black and brown (on top) which I love since I wear both a lot. I'm obsessed with riding boots.

BOO!!!! (ts)....

Sooo, I spent all night studying and was really disappointed that I didn't have trick-or-treaters to break it up a bit. I bought all this candy for me them and then I find out no one trick-or-treats in apartment complexes?! Wtf. Damn middle-class, suburban, cul-de-sac kids get everything :)

On a lighter note, please tell me you don't want to eat this dog with a spoon.


And with that, I'm going to bed...

Don't judge me, it's been a long day.

1 comment:

  1. Great information. Lucky me ӏ found your site bу chance (ѕtumbleupon).
    Ӏ've saved as a favorite for later!

    Have a look at my webpage: gardening tips ()

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.