11.11.11

My Country Tis of Thee (Thanks Mrs. Fredericks)

Hey guys!

Happy leven, leven, leven (11-11-11)!!!

Breakfast was a simple chopped apples with agave nectar and cinnamon, nut butter, and pumpkin coffee!




So, some of you might be wondering what the title is about. Do any of you guys remember singing My Country Tis' of Thee EVERY DAY in elementary music class? Well, I do. Our teacher was an old lady name Mrs. Fredericks (I never did know her first name, isn't that funny how teachers don't have names or lives outside of school when we're little?). Every single day, she would make us stand up and sing this. So, this one's for you Mrs. Fredericks, you won. I still know every freakin' word.

This song has been stuck in my head all day because today is Veteran's Day... and I have to take this opportunity to thank someone very special for their service.

It's this little guy :)

Dontcha just wanna pinch those wittle cheekers?!

And this is him today...

very proud papa.

It's my dad!

He spent time in the US Navy overseas in Guam fighting for our country during Vietnam.  He had a dog named Sleepy while he was over there, I don't know why, but I think that is the cutest thing ever. Thanks Dad for fighting for our freedom! We love you.

Dogs make every situation better don't they?

Speaking of dogs, I got this picture of my little niece and nephew this morning and it made me miss them sooooo much!

Hiiii beebeessss!!!

So, a few of you might remember that I did a music video a while ago... well, the video premieres in one dayyy!!!

I did it for a friend of VYB's, Elvin Santiago. His new single is called "Entertainer," you can download it on iTunes now!

This is him...

Here's a snippet of the song with us practicing the video choreo..


I will try to get the video out to you guys ASAP, can't wait to see it!

Rehearsal last night went until about 12:15, so I wasn't home until 12:45 which made for an early morning when I had another sustainability interview bright and early!

Go Green or Go Home.

I interviewed a really cool salon in Carrollwood called Darren Pena Salon and Spa, you can find more information on this company here...

This is the guy I interviewed this morning...

Plus, I learned something new! If you buy salon products at a generic store, like Redken at Target for example, they usually dilute the product. They can dilute the product up to 4 times and still sell it to you.



Guess that advice I gave earlier about finding cheap shampoo and conditioner was umm......not so good?

Might wanna buy your product at the salon if you don't want your hair to turn out like this...

So, I'm feeling rather spunky today after a good night of sleep (Thank God!) so I thought I would take this opportunity to share one of my favorite must see videos. I am posting this for no other reason than my unhealthy love of Target. 

The teerget lady!

A 50!!!! And it's LEGIT!!!!!


Lunch was another round of the lunch I had a few weeks ago, spinach topped with olive oil, S +P, roasted squash (at 350 for 45 mins) with S + P and cinammon, coconut black bean dip, and blue corn chips.

There is something about the GreenWise Blue Corn chips that I can't get enough of!

Something about this combo of flavors and textures that is sooo good!
It was one of those kind of days it's cold outside and you wanna have somethin' in the oven just to smell up the house like deliciousness! So I made the roast squash for the salad, then used the rest to make Cheesy Butternut Casserole to eat later on in the busy weekend!

Cheesy Butternut Casserole  (Recipe from Hungry Girl)
Ingredients:
  • 4 C. cubed butternut squash
  • 2 wedges Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese Light (room temp.)
  • 3/4 C. diced onion
  • 1/4 C. fat free egg substitute
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
1.) Preheat oven to 350
2.) Place squash in microwave safe bowl with 1/4 C water. Cover and microwave for 6 minutes. Uncover and drain excess water.
3.) Place onions in small microwave safe bowl. Add 2 T. water. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Uncover and drain excess water.
4.) Place squash and all other ingredients (except onions) into blender and blend until thoroughly mixed but not liquified.
5.) Remove from blender and stir in onions.
6.) Transfer squash mixture to casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for 35-40 minutes (or until edges begin to brown). Serve as a side as you would mashed potatoes!

Since I was feeling a bit more perky today and back to my old self despite my uber sore inner upper thighs (hold your comments peanut gallery), I went to Carrie's strength class! Felt good to be back. Name's Bond. Carrie Bond.

That's really her name though, she's BA.


So, I think I've nipped my cold in the bud! Yesterday, I doused myself in vitamins and water and sleep and woke up feelin' pretty good! With the weather getting colder here, I know there are a ton of people getting sick, so here's 5 five I know of to nip it in the bud!

Five Ways to Kill a Cold Before it Starts
1.) Powder Vitamin C (GNC has a great product)- mix it into juice or water..the powder gets into your blood stream faster than any other kind!
2.) Get a massage- massage has been shown to increase the number of infection-fighting white blood cells in circulation
3.) Steam bath- cover your head with a lean your head over a bowl full of steaming water for 10 minutes
4.) Hydrate!- this is NOT underrated... avoid caffeine (a diuretic) and kick up the water consumption...your pee should be completely clear!
5.) Avoid germ-heavy locations like the mall, schools, etc.



Dinner was an extra cheesy spinach wrap with leftover Southwestern Quin-wooahhh! and say-lsa.



Good stuff.

Tonight was full of laundry, cleaning, Sex and the City watching (if you haven't, you need to watch the episodes with commentary, it's amazing!), and dance rehearsal (starting at 10:30PM!!!!)...ya, "exciting" Friday night. Actually, it was pretty blissful to have a night of quiet and nothing to do.

Look how clean my house is!!! No better feeling than a squeaky clean apt.




Cleaning was followed by some hot choco choco with SHPRINKLESS in my favorite mug that my friend Nicole gave all of us last x-mas!!!!





And this was a perfect ending to a perfect night.

Homemade banana ice cream, blueberries, coconut, and bits of brownie!


Two confessions I have to get off my chest- I had a diet coke today, and it tasted so good to be bad. Annnnddd, I didn't draw designs the other day when I said I would...oops..... phew that feels good to get that out....

Today, I'm thankful for Tylenol PM. Although I didn't get quite as many hours as I wanted last night, the ones I did get were sooo deep! (that's what she said) But seriously, thank you Tylenol for helping me get a good night's sleep despite my guilty conscience :) Just kidding....but seriously, I love that stuff

This was me last night...
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.