7.11.11

Someone finally popped the question!!

So, I bet you’re wondering if I have a big fat rock on my finger???

Well, if you’re thinking something like this….

It's just like Kate Middleton's!


The answer is yes.

Yesterday, I got the cutest package ever in the mail from my friend Laura (the one who got engaged last weekend). I wasn’t expecting anything from her, so I was so excited I ripped open the package sitting in my car.

This is what was inside.

Love it!


A handwritten love letter “popping the question” (AKA asking me to be a maid of honor) and a ring pop to make it official!

I doooo!!!

You’ll be happy to know, I called her right away and told her I was busy that day, but thanks anyway. :)

Kiddinggggg…. I told her I couldn’t wait to be her maid-of-honor. I don’t know about you, but anyone who is that cute to propose to their bridesmaids I would say yes to. Plus, I kinda like Laura....kind of....

So, Thursday night was a blast.  I have zero pictures of it, but by the time dinner came, I was one dirty martini in and forgot just so happy to see everyone, you just don’t wanna ruin it and whip outta camera.

I ordered the mista salad and split the margherita pizza with my mom (except my half had spinach and mushrooms on it). Their pizza is UNREAL.

holy cheesiness........

Fresh herbs, thin just crispy enough crust, perfect size for eating by yourself sharing.

Seriously, if you live in or around Tampa or are ever here, you MUST go there and get some. MUST I tell youu MUUUUSSSTTTT!!!

After some good ole’ catching up and martini drinking, we went back to the apartment to continue the fun.

I don’t know how you guys have fun after drinks and dinner….. but we celebrate with HGTV. Seem House Hunters International is the only show we all can agree on, but I’m ok with that, I love HHI.



Sooooo, after a quick sleep (my dad had to be in Siesta Key for tennis at 10AM) we got up, made some coffee, packed, then headed down to the old people capital of the world- Venice, FL (where my parents live half the year).

Am-ah-zing.

Our roll slowed a bit though when my mom got lost in the parking garage.

Rightttt.......


Yes, that really did happen.

My dad claims it was her fault, but of course she says it was his…who knows, all I know is I love my mom for getting lost in a parking garage.

This is what I did while my mom found her way out.
This over packing looks like.
.
As soon as we get in the car though, my dad gets the call that tennis is cancelled. BUMMER. I could’ve slept in today! Boooo, dad, boooo.

So, what’s there to do in Tampa at 8:30AM but go get some breakfast! Daily Eats here we come!



Daily Eatz (that's the cool version of Daily Eats, fer relz) is one of my favorite breakfast spots in the varld (world with a german accent).  I love their salad shredder bowls, but since it was 8:30 I thought lunch might be pushin it, so I kept it simple with two eggs, turkey sausage, side of fruit, and whole wheat toast. Delish!


After our tummies were full, we headed down to the house, oh how I missed it! It’s a little cold down here, but this house/the views from it are so beautiful I’m not even bummed about the weather.




After a visit with our friend Randy Hall who was on his way to Key West, my mom and I went sssshhhhhooopppppiiiiinnnngggg!! Cuz that’s just how we do.

Home Goods= Heaven.

That’s right, God, if you’re listening, when I die, please send me to Home Goods.

It also equals my mom’s secret to interior decorating on a budget J don’t tell her I told you.

Here’s some of what I got- soo fun!


Everything in our apartment is turquoise, brown, and cream.


Christmas fun...it's startingggg!!!!

My mom and I fell in LOVE with these!

After my sweet finds at home goods and a really nutritious meal off the Taco Hell drive-thru menu, I was feeling quite rambunctious. My mom went to get her hair cut and dad and Justin were sleeping (not together).

I wasn’t in the mood to sleep (I’m not a very good napper..) so I headed out for a good long run. It was 70 degrees out today, perfect running weather! I hardly sweat at all even though I was workin my little tush off!

I ended up going 3 miles, onto Casey Key and then I started seeing big, beautiful houses right on the water, so I just kept running because I was so fascinated (so what if I drooled few times), and by the time I turned around and went all the way back home, I had run 8 miles! Holy moly, I never do that. This run, however was WAF (windy as f)

View of the ocean helped!

Ya know, it’s funny, when I hear of other people going long distances, I’m like wow, they’re so awesome. Then, when I do it, I’m just thinking about how much that just sucked and what body part hurts the most. I need to give myself a little credit on days like today where I push my body past its limits.


This is me when I got back.
Sometimes I turn into a man in a bikini when I run. It's weird.

So, after running, I settled in for a little snack, some hydration and some blogging :)


Good ole' cranberry granola and puddin'!

I’m headed out on the town again with the family tonight to downtown Sarasota, but before I go, I want to wish Ms. Ruth Lengacher (Justin’s grandma) a VERY, VERY happy birthday! Enjoy the heck out of it! Wish we could be there!

Today, I'm so thankful for my legs and all the things they let me do- run, dance (on stage and on tables), and explore the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.