8.11.11

Kar-divorce-and-dash-ian

This morning started off with a delicious bowl of overnight oats! I added in brown sugar, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, banana slices, craisins, and just the slightest hint of Christmas cheer (wink)!



See, they're tiny candy canes!



I'm in love. 

Actually, the peppermint taste with cranberry craisin taste was so holiday-y, it got me in the mood for my favorite time of the year, I might even get some decorations out today and see if Justin notices :)

Chevy Chase and I both love have an unhealthy love for Christmas.
So, my friend Laura sent me this video yesterday and I had to share it. I died. Just wait until you see Bruce Jenner.




The interview with the CEO went great! I was so nervous to be interviewing him, but when I got on the phone, he seemed just as nervous, so I made it about him and just tried to put him at ease. The company is Noble Juice, check out their website here!

http://www.noblejuice.com/



Lunch was my take on our family friend Jennifer's chicken salad.

I'll be honest, hers was wayyyyyy better than mine turned out today for a few reasons:

1.) I substituted soy nuts for the pine nuts because pine nuts were $7 and I'm cheap (don't do this)
2.) I used Miracle Whip, I suggest Real Light Mayo
3.) My food processor was broken (Note to self: don't buy appliances on clearance)

Here is the recipe adjusted for what I think it should be:

Chicken Salad with a Ca-runch! (serves 2)
Ingredients:

  • 2 grilled chicken breasts (I used already grilled, frozen chicken breasts and warmed them in the microwave before shredding)
  • 1/4 cup craisins
  • 1/3 heaping cup of Real Light Mayo
  • 3 stalks celery
  • 1/3 of a yellow onion
  • 1/3 C. pine nuts
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder/garlic salt
  • S+P to taste
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice (or you can use lemon pepper)
Let grilled chicken cool on counter. Cut into small pieces and shred either by hand or food processor. Shred celery and onion (I just chopped and it turned out fine). Add all ingredients to bowl, mix together, and enjoy!




Beware... do NOT plan on making out with anyone after you eat this..... 

Spinning today was extra hard for some reason...maybe because I ran 14 miles this weekend? Shyeah...won't be doing that again. Anyway, the class was structure around ten sets with this pattern:
1.) Arrow for two minutes at a level 4 or 5 with two pushes (faster speed)
2.) Standing climb for 30 sec. (20 sec push)
3.) Seated climb (keep same resistance as standing climb) for 20
4.) Sprint for 20 sec.

Put this together and you've got a good 30 min. work out. We also did some more standing climbs and lots of sprints at the end. 

After this weekend, you could prob. give me a Snickers bar and a can of coke and I'd tow the car home!

I've worn through 7 harnesses already.
Spinning was followed by a crazy afternoon of running all over the place, school, bank, pharmacy, etc.

Came home to a quiet apartment :) mmmmm....

My test for tomorrow was pushed back, so what else to do but....

Eat brownies!




Noooooo, not this kind, but check out her awesome hat! Mom, christmas list!!!!

This kind..
Yum-a-zing!

I followed this recipe from ChocolateCoveredKatie.com:
Ultimate Fudge Brownies

(Makes 8 brownies)
                1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
                1/2 cup ww pastry flour (or white, or you can try spelt or gluten-free)
                1/4 tsp baking powder
                1/4 tsp salt
                1/2 cup sweetener (see link, below, for lower-sugar version)
                1.5 oz  soft tofu or mori-nu firm or lite firm (about 1/8 box)
                1/3 cup applesauce (use only 1/4 cup if using 3T oil)
                1 to 3 T oil (I use coconut oil. Canola is ok too.)
                2 T non-dairy milk
                1 tsp pure vanilla extract
                optional: you can throw in some chocolate chips (not optional in my book)

Combine dry ingredients, and mix very well. In a blender, combine wet ingredients and blend until smooth. (I use a Magic Bullet cup.) Pour wet over dry and stir, then pour into a 4×6 oiled pan (or double the recipe and use an 8×8). Cook for 12-18 minutes at 325 F. I’m not sure why this is the case, but these brownies seem to taste ten times sweeter if you don’t eat them for at least an hour after they come out of the oven!



So, inevitably, dinner ended up being a lot of brownie batter, as well as some:

Southwestern Chicken Quin-woahhhh!
Ingredients:
               1 T. Olive Oil
               ¼ a yellow onion 

                1 Summer squash yellow or green
               3/4 Cup Corn
               1/4 Salsa
               Salt and Pepper to taste
               1 Can Black Beans
               A Couple of Baked Chicken Breasts (I used ficken [fake chicken], this works really well!)
               4 Servings of Quinoa cooked according to package
Directions

First I sauteed the onions until tender in the olive oil.  I then added the chopped squash, corn, salsa, salt and pepper, and black beans.  I stirred that and let it come to a boil.  


Once the vegetables were soft, I added in the quinoa and chopped chicken and stirred it all in one bowl.  This is a really quick and protein-full recipe!




It was soooo flavorful! Now am watching Pan Am and getting some things done around the house before bed!

Today, I'm thankful to have been blessed with a curiosity and zest for life. My biggest problem is that I love too many things! So many people go through the motions everyday, and I never wanted to look back on my life and regret, so I'm pretty sure I'll arrive at my grave saying, "Phew, what a ride!" I'm so thankful for that.

G'night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.