1.11.11

Show Me Your (burrit)O Face


I woke up this morning ready to get down n' dirty and kiss in bed.

What?! Did I make Justin stay home? Ewwwwwwwww!!! No you perv!!



I obviously meant get down n' dirty with my school books and keep it simple (KIS) with breakfast in bed.

That extra S in KISS is for...suckers!!!!! I got you good.

Apple and CRUNCHY PB and carfee in bed! 

Apple and PB and carfee (as me and Juan call it)=staples.

I wanted a quick b-fast so I could get right to studying. With two cups of carfee in me, I was rarin' to go!

After my eyes started to cross from studying I felt more comfortable with the material for today's test... I needed a little break and some substance, so I made brunch with a punch!




I never think of having brunch on the weekdays, but those hours between breakfast and lunch always drag on for me (fat kid). Today, I just wasn't gonna have it so I made a naked breakfast burrito!

Naked Breakfast Burrit-Oh it's sooo good!
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 heaping C. chopped mushrooms
  • 1/3 green pepper chopped
  • 1 handful of spinach
  • 2 eggs (whipped with milk) or 1/3 C. liquid egg substitute
  • 1/4 C. Turkey sausage crumbles
  • 1/2 C. fat-free refried beans
  • 2 tsp taco seasoning
  • Pinch of cilantro
  • S + P to taste
  • 3 T. salsa
Sautee vegetables until halfway cooked through with S + P and cilantro. In the meantime, heat beans in the microwave or stove. Add in eggs, sausage crumbles, and taco seasoning to vegetable mixture. Scramble normally. Top with salsa and beans and mix all together.


Arrrrr---iiiii-baaaa!!


Latin lovin' at its best (doesn't the salsa look like a heart?! A little lopsided...but just humor me


To continue with the latin theme, for those of you who have been asking about the job that I did for Verizon/Latin Grammys a few weekends ago with VYB dance, here is a brief video of us performing all over Tampa/Clearwater area. 



I got to dance salsa publicly for the first time (and maybe the last)...! Other footage will air on the Latin Grammy's on November 10th on CBS (I think).

So, after brunch/studying I went to spinning to clear my head before the test. Spinning is one of the best workouts I know of, because you get to sit down the entire time! Who doesn't love that?!

No, but really, I love spinning because it's something everything can do because you can adjust your resistance and your speed to your fitness level. Annnnddd.... no one know's if you've really got it set on 0, but make the "ugh I'm dying face" anyway just so people think you're you're trying really hard.

Just teasing, I don't really do that. Buttt... if you are interested in spinning..

5 Ways to Get the Most from your Spinning Class
1.) Utilize all positions to work different muscle groups... arrows, sitting, standing, standing in 3rd position, jumps, etc.
2.) Pick a beat in the music and hit it every time...this can carry you through a tough interval.
3.) Switch it up. Repeat after me- sprint, climb, jump, repeat. Use all of these!
4.) Make it a total body workout. Do push-ups down to the bar while at a light resistance/speed or put your hands behind your back to engage your core!
5.) Relax your shoulders, loosen your grip, drop your heels, soften your knees (should feel like a sustained squat) and try to keep your upper body still to smooth out your ride.




Happy spinning!

I then went home to take the world's quickest shower. Seriously, I timed it just to see how fast I could really take a shower. Check this shizz out:




Ya, that's right, under 3 minutes, and it wasn't even a whore bath (what my mom so fondly calls showers where you only wash the uh.....important parts)...!! woop woop!

As I was getting dressed afterwards, I looked down and realized what I had done...

Ummm... is this allowed?
One foot in Halloween, one foot in Christmas!!! Apparently my feet love are confused....and like to party. Wow. Sometimes I'm so cool, I don't even know what to do with myself. 

But, to defend the reasoning, I was wearing boots today and, couldn't find the other tall pumpkin sock, and I cannot wear socks that feel different... Santa was most similar, so I grabbed him and then realized what I was wearing. Amazing.

So, here's one thing I snacked on today that I had to share with you... it's incredible.



That's right folks, cocoa dusted almonds. They taste like chocolate-covered nuts but way healthier because it's a thin layer of actual cocoa dust. I heart nuts. 

The test went well... I think... I don't know actually. It's always the more I think about it, the more I think about the ones I guessed on etc.

It's done though! So, I went home to let my brain relax and watched some mindless tv for an hour before diving back into homework I've been putting off. Ugh. Buttt....found out Kim Kardashian is getting a divorce! 

I mean I kind of expected it, not gonna lie...anyone who puts their bridesmaids in white is doomed. C'mon people.

Which one's the bride?! I mean, it's like she was hiding from her future husband.
Weird!

Dinner was a shmorgashboard of leftovers and shnacks including this little gem..

This is that homemade banana ice cream I've been
telling you about topped with broken up blondies and granola! 

If you haven't noticed I'm a big fan of creamy texture with some crunch. 

Now, off to a housewarming party at our friend Corinna's new house! Planning on bringing this bark that we've been trying to eat for a week.

.... can't.....eat.....anymore....bark...... I made it with 2 whole bags of white chocolate chips thinking me and Justin could finish it... oops. He even took 1/3 to work, and we still have sooo much!!!

Sooooo mucccchhhhhh barrkkkkkk!!!!


With that, I need no more bark for my bite (get it?! haha).

Will post pics. tomorrow from tonight's festivities! :)

Good night!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.