29.11.11

Lamb Shanks

It was sooo good to be back snuggling with my J-dog last night! I got a great night of sleep and grabbed a gross green apple on the way out the door to the gym (I woke up 15 minutes before class started, ha!)...


Red apples always win in my book...but you don't have much choice when you take your fruit supply from a hotel
concierge.... oops....
I went to strength training class this morning with Bond, Carrie Bond (why does that never get old?)... Have you guys ever done low squats with your hands on the floor for like 3 minutes?! It's the hardest thing in the varld.





Ya like that, you hold it there and pulse... then you go on your toes and pulse for 30 secs. at a time. It's so much fun. Yeah right. It does help to have a jelly bean in front of you though... I mean, I always do.




After that, I spent a good hour and a half making all the obnoxious calls on my to-do list that I absolutely hate to do like Verizon.... 






yep spent a good 50 minutes on the phone with them since 2/3 of our cable boxes are broke-phi-broke, so that was cool. They didn't solve anything either. Poop shoot.



Had my second breakfast to refuel...


Carfee from the market (why does coffee from other places always taste better than when you make it yourself?! 







Add caption




Add caption




And a bowl of Cinnamon Roll yogurt, chia seeds, larabar, kashi, cinnamon, and whipped cream...





Look guys, I am saving the world just by eating yogurt. Ya, I know you're impressed.



mmmm... I usually don't like thick and creamy yogurt (that's not what your mom said last night!) but it's all they had at the market...

Another awesome call was to Chase as to why I haven't been accumulating rewards points on my debit card (they cancelled the program in July, apparently, I was getting way too many rewards for my own good! Shoot, I knew I shouldn't have booked those vacays :)

Oh well, I cashed it in for a whopping $4.13 added to my checking account! King size kit-kat, here I come! :)






giant-kit-kat425.jpg
Mommy likey

Lunch was kinda weird, but decent. I fried up some shrimp in lemon juice and cilantro. Added 2 eggs, some egg substitute, turkey sausage crumbles, and salsa. Slapped it on top of a fried corn tor-tilla and called it lunch. Along with some kale chips (that were no good)...








I headed to the gorshey (that's how I'm gonna say it from now on in honor of Rachel Brown)... to get all this healthful delicious food! 






Annnddd... guess how much?! Only 85 bucks this week! Victory is mine!!!!


So excited because one of the recipes I am making this week actually called for lamb shanks! Ok...so it was really pork shank, but still!


Watch this video and you'll know why I was excited about it!
Saturday Night Live - Lovers' Hot Tub with Drew Barrymore - Video - http://www.nbc.com



My lover and I usually crave spiced meat at this point in our soak!!




Saw this at Wal-Mart....




No comment necessary.


Guess who got her graduation gear today?!?!?!








Hood and all, and it's for a master's degree hooding ceremony people, not a KKK induction like it sounds! :) PLUS it's Harry Potter colors!!!! What could be better?!?!?!? Hallelujah!!!

When I got back from school, I was in the mood to celebrate! And what better way to celebrate by yourself than to make cookies!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups oats
  • 1 cup Splenda (can obviously substitute sugar)
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (from can)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 T. Orange Juice
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional, but not really)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Mix all ingredients together
  3. Coat baking sheet in nonstick spray
  4. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
  5. Bake for 11-15 minutes









While I was waiting on Justin to get home I snacked on cauliflower and chipolte ranch dressing! Fresca too (who else lovesssss good ole' fresca!) 






Dinner was ham steak, brussel sprouts made with this recipe http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/goldencrusted-brussels-sprouts-recipe.html, and Justin and my favorite sweet potato recipe. 



Let's be honest, Justin ate ONE, count em ONE brussel sprout , then went to his friends house to play (I'm not kidding). I live with a 12-year-old boy.



This recipe is by my friend Sophie (I asked her three years ago how to make it and I still remember because it was THAT good!).



This might be my fav pic of her ever... it so accurately depicts who she is deep down inside, especially when playing Edward 40 Hands at ja lake!



Sophi's Sweet Potatoes (no not those sweet potatoes...)
Ingredients:


  • 3-5 sweet potatoes (depending on their size)
  • 3 T. olive oil
  • S+P to taste
  • 1 teaspoon each of rosemary, oregano, and basil
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Slice potatoes into discs
  3. Place potatoes in glass baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray, drizzle with olive oil and herbs
  4. Place in oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender






I worked on my final capstone presentation for tomorrow and settled in to watch the Victoria Secret Fashion Show do all the homework I'm supposed to be doing !



C'mon meow this might possibly be the worst thing ever to do after eating both cookies and ham steak of all things.




Today, I'm thankful for cookies!


The 29th is my lifelong friend Nicole's birthday. She is 24 years young today! Nicole and I were best friends from the first day of kindergarten on.... she asked if I wanted to be her friend, and apparently I said yes because the rest is history! Ever since then, we have been able to laugh over just a look because we know what the other one is thinking, cry together through the many break ups and heartaches, and love each other unconditionally. We basically lived together until the end of my freshman year in college when I joined a sorority! She gets me even if we haven't seen each other in months, and that's what I love about her, she ALWAYS understands. I could not imagine my life without her!


I love you Nicolee!



I love this picture of us!


Here's her with her boyfriend Andrew! LOVE him! She's going to Chile to live with him this summer while he gets his MBA!


5 comments:

  1. Hey Poodle! I love your blog!!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poodle! hahaha, I love it! I miss you too boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...so many things to say. Here goes...

    1. Yes to the king sized Kit Kat. Always. Thank Chase for that.
    2. No to saying "Gorshey" for grocery store! You can't just do that!!! Like "fetch," it's not going to happen. Trust me. "Carfee" on the other hand, is blowing UP!
    3. That car you saw at Walmart...MINE!! I'm offended.
    4. When's graduation????
    5. Cauliflower = farts. So....
    6. "Slice potatoes in to DISCS??" Nope. Potatoes can't become discs. It ceases to be food at that point.
    7. I miss you like crazy! You're amazing. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juan, OH my gosh, your comment had me laughing out loud (yes, without the abbrev.)! A few things....
    1. Chase always provides me with king sized goodness.
    2. It's happening whether you like it or not! Carfee and gorshey= the new black.
    3. Lucky!!!! I was obviously admiring your gigantic plastic rims!!!
    4. Gradumatation is Dec. 16 and 17th!! Friday is hooding ceremony (creepy) and Sat. is the walk! You and Donald are invited obviously!!! My fam will be here too, it could be a partay!
    5. Everything=farts for me so.....
    6.Discs- I actually thought that was a weird choice of words when I was writing it, but I couldn't think of anything else...so I suppose my taters will cease to be food...shame...
    7. I miss you two erry day!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baybee, I love that you love my simple, perfect sweet tater recipe!

    Nick, on the other hand, HATES sweet potatoes. He also hates parsnips because they "taste like sweet potatoes." WHAT THE DEUCE?!

    I'm also living with a 12-year-old boy. (He also eats lots of Mike&Ikes and NerdsRopes... oh dear!)

    Love you so much... Glad you chose THAT picture of me! One of my finest!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.