28.10.11

Tool Time

Top a tha marnin' to ya!!!!

Today started off with a delicious Autumn Apples Bowl:

Ingredients

  • 1 large apple (Macintosh is the best, but any kind will do)
  • 1/4 C low fat Greek or plain yogurt
  • 2-3 T pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 2-3 T unsweetened applesauce
Chop apple into bite-sized pieces and mix together with all other ingerdients together in a bowl. Enjoy!


It doesn't look that appetizing, but I puh-romise it's.... eh-hoooooo deliciouso!!! (only a select few will know that voice that I do that in).

I woke up to an awesome video from my Dad, the ultimate e-mail forwarder. I can't complain though, most of the time they're awesome like this one:

The only thing I wonder is...why did they bring their cat on the boat in the first place... don't cats usually have this relationship with water?




Must be one of those cats that thinks it's a dog (those are my favorite).



Bad teacher last night was actually pretty hilarious, I was pleased. Lynn Davies played by Phyllis Smith was HYSTERICAL. She had this subtle, under her breath kind of humor like Kristin Wiig which I absolutely love. Always reminds me of my friend Sarah Bobay.

Lunch today was a ridiculously good-looking spinach salad with olive oil, chips, with leftover squash from last night's Butternut Squash Wheatberry Mock Risotto (roasted at 400 for 30 mins w/ olive oil, S+P, and cinnamon), and...

Coconut Black Bean Dip (adapted from Kath Eats Real Food)

Ingredients 
  • 1.5 cups black beans (about 1 can)
  • 1/3 cup coconut (unsweet)
  • 3 heaping T whipped cream cheese (I only had regular so I whipped my own, here's how: http://www.ehow.com/how_2306135_make-whipped-cream-cheese.html)
  • Pinch o' salt
  • 1/4 cup pecans (I used walnuts)
  • Combine all ingredients (except nuts) in food processor or blender until dip consistency
  • Pulse in pecans




I have been dying a little inside this week because "Say Yes to the Dress" hasn't been on. I love everything having to do with fashion and wedding gowns are the bomb diggity of fashion. I have DVR'd every show for an entire year. I might be a tad obsessed. I warned you that I have an addictive personality.

I went to the gym expecting Carrie to be teaching (she's a sweet, fun instructor), but when I got there I was disappointed b/c Tony was teaching (giant, scary, ex-military black man). No, I really do love the guy, he's super nice...but he is also evil. He always makes you do one move for a good 10 minutes. It's the kind of class where you are saying words in your head that consist of mainly *'s and #'s and imagining terrible things happening to the instructor. Don't lie, you do it too. Felt good to do some strength though, I've done a lot of cardio this week.

5 Benefits of Strength Training
http://www.active.com/fitness/Articles/5-Benefits-of-Weight-Training.htm

Bone density is soooo important for women, since many of us don't get as much calcium and Vitamin D as we should, and women lose a lot of bone mass during menopause.

So, it started raining on the way home from the gym (I usually walk b/c it's less than a mile away from my apt.). But the hardcore rain ruined my swagger and I had to run with my "Louis Vuitton" purse. I say that because we all know it's actually a cheap knock off I bought overseas that helps me pretend to be klassy w/ a k. I looked like such a tool.

Because of this, I obviously needed a drink when I got home. Not that kind of drink. Hot chocolate it was!

Easy Homemade Hot Cocoa
Ingredients:

  • 1.5 T unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 T sugar (or splenda if you're watching your weight)
  • Little splash of almond milk
  • 1 C water heated for 2 minutes in the microwave
Combine dry ingredients in mug, add hot water and almond milk. I drink mine with whipped cream, chocolate chips, and a splash of chocolate syrup.

After some errands, homework, and some much needed Rachel Zoe (my mom and I are OBSESSED. It's maj.) Dinner was.... you guessed it! The neverending pot of asian millet salad. I think that might be the last time I can do it. I'm 6 bowls in people. 


Justin and I are going to a Halloween party tonight at our friend Braxton's house...soooo excited to break out our sweet outfits and get our Holler-ween on! I won't ruin the costume surprise for you... I'll try and post pics tomorrow! Hint: It's VERY all-'MMURICAN.

Happy Friday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.