27.10.11

Squash It To Me

Have you ever sent a text or e-mail, and immediately realize you've made a horrible mistake (wrong person, autocorrect, etc). So I woke up to one of those from Justin's brother...to his girlfriend...who is also named Brittany. Oopsssss!!!! A.W.K.W.A.R.D.  I LOVE when stuff like that happens (well at least when it happens to someone else). Definitely not gonna let him live that one down.

If you haven't been to this website, go now. http://damnyouautocorrect.com/ Do itttt!!!!!

Amaze-balls.


So dance last night ended up with the five of us that showed up at rehearsal sitting in a circle talking about life for two hours! I love nights like that where obviously no one feels like doing anything...so we don't. We talked about relationships and how messed up we all were, haha! Maj. therapy sesh (yes, I realize abbreving is obnoxsh). And when it got really serious, Demario pulled out the halloween candy bucket (for the kids at the dance studio) so we could eat our feelings properly. Amazing.

This is what eating your feelings looks like.


Today's breakfast was quick and simple. Three staples- Godiva Pumpkin Spice coffee, a fresh pear, and all natural sunflower butter. It's the kind where the oil separation happens. I used to be so disgusted when my college roommate Erika used to bust our her natural peanut butter, it looks so gross. I hope she's reading this and cheering inside that I finally gave in, and LOVE it!!


So, for those of you who have known me know I have a really addictive personality.
Past addictions include:
Toothbrushing (ya that one was really weird, I even had a tongue brush!),
Taco Salad (almost every day for about a year and a half),
Diet Coke (this was a lonnnngggg one....)Finally DC free (for the most part)!

Well, much to my delight, taco salad came back with a vengeance this week! Today's Lunch:

It ain't purdy, but it's goooddd!!!!

Can't Get Enough Taco Salad
2 cups romaine lettuce
1/2 large tomato chopped
Handful reduced fat mexican cheese
1/2 C refried beans (heated)
1/2 C taco seasoned browned lean beef
1/3 C salsa
About 5 blue corn chips crushed
S + P to taste

Mix all ingredients in large bowl, and enjoy a protein and veggie packed quick meal!

Warning:
Never do spinning class immediately after taco salad.

As delicious and nutritious as it was, I puked in my mouth a little during this spin class:

4 1.5 minute climbs (about a 7 or 8)
10 1 minute sprints with 30 second rest (Devil woman!!!!!!!)
10 30 second sprints with 15 second rest (it's that poop again)
4 1.5 minute climbs (don't put it out with your boots Taddd!!!)

I think I blacked out the rest of the class bc that def. doesn't equal 50 mins....

Gross.

Followed by an P90x Ab Ripper video featuring Justin trying to keep up:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9MK_ThQDqE

Kiddingggg! That's not really him...but, this guy is hilarious and he says exactly what you're thinking during the video (Don't cross your legs... show off!!!)....

Tonight, is date night! We're more of a dinner-and-a-movie-at-home-for-date-night-kind-of-couple during the week, then we go big or go home on the weekends!

Dinner was delicious! Well, at least I thought so...still working on Justin, he wasn't as big of a fan, so he had Hot Pockets....Adapted from Peanut Butter Fingers...

Butternut Squash Wheatberry Mock Risotto

This is Julie's pic. because mine didn't turn out so pretty!

Serves two as an entrée, four as a side dish (or if you're a man like me.... it serves 1)
Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 large onion, chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon thyme
  • 1 cup uncooked wheatberries
  • 2 cups vegetable broth (I used chicken broth and it turned out fine)
  • 2 heaping cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
  • 1/3 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese
  • 3 cups fresh spinach
Directions:
  1. Heat oil in a medium size pot over medium heat. Add onions and thyme and cook until onions are slightly soft, about 5 minutes. Add wheatberries and allow to cook, stirring constantly, for approximately two minutes. If wheatberries are already cooked, like mine were, just throw them in at last minute so they pick up some of the onion flavor.
  2. Turn the heat to medium-high. Add broth and butternut squash. Stir constantly and allow to simmer until broth is nearly completely dissolved and butternut squash breaks down and becomes creamy (somewhat like mashed potatoes), approximately 25 – 30 minutes.
  3. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
  4. Add spinach and stir until leaves are somewhat wilted.
  5. Enjoy!
So, after din-din, we are watching Bad Teacher, has anyone seen it? Really not sure what to expect, but I heard JT was hilarious in it. Annnndddd... I've already got my bananas in the freezer for my favorite snack... I guess you could consider it my new addiction.



B-A-N-A-N-A-S Sunday

Ingredients:
  • 1 frozen banana (slice it BEFORE you put it in the freezer, unless you wanna break the blender like I did)
  • 1/4 C. milk of your choice (I use almond and coconut for a thicker, more ice creamy feel)
  • Toppings of your choice (I like coconut, nut butter, chocolate chips, and granola!)
Puree the banana with the milk in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in toppings. Indulgent, yet nutritious!

You'll go bananas it's so bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
Now go.

Now, off to do do some seriously romantic eye gazing with my boy toy.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.