2.10.12

First Day of Skewl.

My first day of work in the marketing world. Was. So. Fun. And so normal!!! Normal hours. Normal clothes (no more red and khaki). Normal break for lunch. Normal desk and computer. I am so grateful for this. I won't go into all of the details, but Target was not exactly normal in these ways.

First of all, I must be a really anal nerd, or something, but I love that I started on October 1st. Seriously. It's the first day of the month. First day of Q4. Nice and even. Nice and easy to count how long I've been with company from.

Good day. Anyway, enough of my neurotic rants. I realized that J and I had zero groceries after I was all ready, so I stopped at Einstein's for my favorite vanilla hazelnut coffee, fruit cup, and bacon/egg/cheese bagel (I know, who am I???).





I fought nerves off the entire way there.

Yikes, check out that face. And that mom hair. Rockin' it.

I had no reason to be nervous though! Everyone was super nice and welcoming!

My boss even bought me flowers!!!

What a sweetheart! I like her already :)

We started the day with a Monday morning meeting going over sales, client services, technology and strategic plans. It was great to hear everyone's role in the company and their views, but a bit overwhelming for the amount of info in the first hour I was there.

Good thing the rest of the day was spent getting set up in all of our software and systems, learning about the clients and their needs, and building relationships with my co-workers.

Twerkin' it out again :) And I gotta admit, I kinda missed having a purpose… 

I was treated to lunch at Mcallister's with my manager and the director of technology. I picked two- savannah salad and tortilla soup!



Yum! The rest of the day was spent getting staples at Staples (ha!), putting together the sweetest office chair ever, and crafting my first marketing message(!!!!!!!!)

We had our daily 4:30 wrap-up meeting, then headed out for the day. Luckily, Finley had a great babysitter today (thanks grandpa!) and was exhausted, so Justin and I took liberty of the free time (guilt free!) and went out to din din.



Cancun isn't just for Spring Break. Justin treated me to shrimp fajitas and a coconut lime margarita that I drank two sips of (he was so mad, but I thought it would be frozen, too tequila-y).

We hit the grocery for the week, then passed out!



2 comments:

Feel free to share POSITIVE comments! Negative comments will be deleted.